Giants v Stars - free webcast

DevilDom

End of the 2nd still 1-0 to Stars. They are working very hard and look the better side.

The Giants booed off by their own fans!

Expect a 3rd period fightback though.

DevilDom

End of the 3rd and it's 1 -1.

Not pretty but a good road game from the stars and their 1st point.

Maybe they can make it 2..............

A ugly win for a depleted giants side, missing 4 players and then losing Seeley in the game which could make that 5 injuries. Having a goal ruled out and the bad luck of the Giants continues, our players seem to be made of glass recently.
Credit to Dundee they played hard and took advanced of our short bench with physical play and got their 1st point. I fear for the Giants unless we bloster numbers.

Seeley skated off in the first with what looks like a knee injury.

We are havign awful luck on the injury front, but hey atleats we got the 2 points tonight, with 5 men down.

Thread starter #11
Welch iced very little in 3rd. He could be the other suspected injury. Poor game but 2 points so not bothered what Stars got or didn't get.

Phew hard work.

chris592 said:
Seeley skated off in the first with what looks like a knee injury.

We are havign awful luck on the injury front, but hey atleats we got the 2 points tonight, with 5 men down.
Try that team against the Steelers or Panthers and were toast, and another suspected injury? Might as well ice the Giants juniors at this point.

ASHIPP

Congratulations to Dundee for pushing the Giants into O/T and a P/S to get a well deserved point. Who cares that they achieved this against a (quote) 'depleted' Giants team - the Stars achieved what several teams, including the Devils, have not done recently, and that's get points in Belfast. :cool:

As for the Giants' continuing injury issues, no-one wants to see that. But, having just signed Brad Smyth, it suggests they are fortunate enough to have the facility/finance/contacts to bring in replacements to cover those problems. :evil:

Brad Smyth came in with 2 long term injuries, that was fine. We then lost Garside and C.Hemingway and now Seeley, thats alot of inuries to cover.
I think peoples perspective of the Giants splashing the cash is way off the mark, and I would be suprised if we bring in any more players for cover. But if we dont I see our performances taking a huge dive until we are back at full strength.

ASHIPP

philuk20 said:
Brad Smyth came in with 2 long term injuries, that was fine. We then lost Garside and C.Hemingway and now Seeley, thats alot of inuries to cover.
I think peoples perspective of the Giants splashing the cash is way off the mark, and I would be suprised if we bring in any more players for cover. But if we dont I see our performances taking a huge dive until we are back at full strength.
I don't know what you are worrying about - the Giants are comfortably top of the league right now. All 3 of the teams below them also have injuries (and some also ave players with match bans) and if they manage to still win points in games, the Giants also can.