Giants v Devils

paulsasha

Thread starter #1
Please can someone let me know if the game on Saturday against the giants will be available to view on the giants web cam and what is the link to it :pickle :Banana

The first period will also be available on free view but I should point out that this is the reduced quality stream. For any that proceed through Paypal you will then have the option of the HQ stream which does improve the experience :pickle

Just bare in mind that the HQ stream requires that you have sufficient broadband to support it! If it starts to buffer (stopping stuttering or jerky.....eh, no "camera work" jokes please!) then we suggest you close your browser and start again by clicking on the lower quality.

We'll keep an eye on this thread in case there are any other questions.

(btw you'll need to register an account even if you're not going to buy any tokens to see the 2nd & 3rd periods)

nmase20 said:
does the HQ version give you better commentators?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
I'd love Brent to join us if he's coming over - otherwise it's up to you to pan your speakers - if having nothing but arena sound is really better in your own minds? :roll:

However this is a thread about the game for which we have merely pointed you in the direction of the webcast - any more comments about the commentators is going off-topic and I suggest if you feel that strongly......then start a new one.

It's a thread about the webcast, on a Devils forum, so there will bound to be some comment on the virtues of the webcast.

I can forgive commentators occasionally getting names wrong on the other team - David Simms still can't say Birbraer properly - but when your commentators can't get the names of your own team right, well maybe that can be regarded as "a training opportunity"

I'll be watching the webcast, I just hope they've learnd how to pronounce Matzka by now.

Finny

HiDavidTv said:
I'd love Brent to join us if he's coming over - otherwise it's up to you to pan your speakers - if having nothing but arena sound is really better in your own minds? :roll:
Is there an option to just have the arena sound and no commentators?

If not, I'll find a clip of nails being scraped along a blackboard and it will be an improvement on those two.

rocketbob

Re: Re: Giants v Devils

Imagine said:
I can forgive commentators occasionally getting names wrong on the other team - but when your commentators can't get the names of your own team right
I am not convinced even DC could name all of his players from one week to the next given the number of roster changes and imports signed.

TheStub

My favorites from last time... Gerry Adams and Van van van vander vander vander - number 44 for the Devils.

Training certainly required. Or maybe watch the Blaze and Caps Webcasts to see how they manage to strike a good balance... or even listen to Steel Night Live.

Re: Re: Giants v Devils

rocketbob said:
I am not convinced even DC could name all of his players from one week to the next given the number of roster changes and imports signed.
Like it :)

The commentary is a problem on the webcast, and it's not just Cardiff fans that have commented on it.

Maybe a change is needed? Or at the very least, a team sheet made available with phonetic pronounciation for the hard of understanding?

#15 - Scott Matzka - Skot Mat-ska

Maxi isn't playing so we don't have to listen to that mangling.

Thread starter #17
I am going to try and purchase the game tomorrow night on web cam please can someone tell me how much it costs to watch the game and what the coverage is like can you actually see the players clear as this is my first time to watch a game via web cast, come on Devils you can do it :Banana :pickle

kettdevil1

paulsasha said:
I am going to try and purchase the game tomorrow night on web cam please can someone tell me how much it costs to watch the game and what the coverage is like can you actually see the players clear as this is my first time to watch a game via web cast, come on Devils you can do it :Banana :pickle

Trying to be objective here.... The pictures are much better than they used to be but if you are thinking it will be NHL quality then forget it. There are no replays (that I have seen) and as mentioned, the commentary is horrible. I think it is around £6-ish and the advice is really to give the first period a go (it is normally on freeview) and pay if you like what you see.

It is not bad, it is just frustrating as it could be so much better.

It is not bad, it is just frustrating as it could be so much better.
Yes........on a budget of £10,000+ and a crew of 14 = Sky production

Sorry, we're only £500 and a crew of 5 And errr um sometimes 4 .....

I think it's probably fairer to say we do the best with what we've got and if it was so easy there'd be more than 2 sometimes 3 clubs offering it.

We offer 30minutes free of charge - if you don't like it then don't buy it :?

Can't really say fairer than that!