Giants v Devils - Fri & Sat 2&3 Feb 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Gough60

Is it me or does Keefe sound a beaten coach. Fantastic result and performance this weekend.
Support was off the scale. And big thumbs up to SSE arena with 10% off food and drink for Devils fans last night.
What a weekend.
4 goals down on Wednesday. Is that all. Bring it squealers.

chris592

No I don't think he is beaten. I think he puts everything all his emotions into a game was probably feeling dejected after losing. But just like the player he was as a coach he will come back focused and ready for the next game, he won't stop until the league is done.

Was certainly a bit of a blow for us this weekend, it was a chance to close the gap a bit. Cardiff shown what great teams do, came away with points and dug deep. Still a ways to go, and it's very much your title to lose right now. But Keefer will keep working hard each game and making sure the players buy into it.

Was certainly a great advertisement for UK hockey this weekend.

No I don't think he is beaten. I think he puts everything all his emotions into a game was probably feeling dejected after losing. But just like the player he was as a coach he will come back focused and ready for the next game, he won't stop until the league is done.

Was certainly a bit of a blow for us this weekend, it was a chance to close the gap a bit. Cardiff shown what great teams do, came away with points and dug deep. Still a ways to go, and it's very much your title to lose right now. But Keefer will keep working hard each game and making sure the players buy into it.

Was certainly a great advertisement for UK hockey this weekend.
Yes 2 tight games and I thought both netminders were excellent in both games which is a bonus for GB too .

Have been thinking about this after reading Twitter about fans experiences. Numbers were put around 500 making the trip over.

A couple of things on this, before the takeover we were barely getting 300-400 more than that for some homes games in the BBT, how far we've come.

But also, two games at tickets at around £20 (rounded up from lack of knowledge on this, that is around £10,000 added to the gate receipts for each night. £20,000 into the Giants coffers for the weekend before you start to take into consideration concession sales. Good for them and hope they appreciate that from passionate Welsh fans. Good for the League, away support is important for revenue income for all teams. Seems to be some momentum building in the EIHL.

matbur

Local economy also gets a boost from tgt trade too. If every fan spends £150 on hotel, food, drinks etc that's £75,000 going into local trade.

Devil_Abroad

Not only had a great time watching 2 intense physical hockey games between 2 skilled teams, also spent 3 quality days visiting many places around Northern Ireland - it’s a great way to spend a long weekend break [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk