Giants v Devils - Fri & Sat 2&3 Feb 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

Yikes, nothing against Paris but to be out for so long and to expect him to come into a game of this magnitude is a huge ask.
It is a huge ask but they need as full a team possible. Paris must be fit enough to play or he wouldn't be icing tonight. Giants have 3 imports and Garside missing - don't know how many spares are covering.

Keefe said in an interview this week that
he brought in his players to do a job and he expects them to do their job this weekend. It sounds like harsh comments but it's straight up coach talk - no flannel, no putting players on pedestals - this is the serious business end of the season.
They are expected to perform.

august04

I thought we played pretty well that period. Terrible defending for the Giants goal though, not sure what Reddick was doing, Rutherford went around him like he wasn’t there.

Hedd Wyn John

Devils have a good PK but seem to be struggling to create quality chances. More physicality needed as Giants seem to be our muscling the Devils.

How good is devils power play!!
Maybe that’s the reason they don’t retaliate and get into the ruff stuff so they can just score at every chance lol

Hedd Wyn John

Can’t argue the Giants didn’t deserve the win, awful decision disallowing that goal. Still it’s all to play for tomorrow, 1 point ain’t bad & if we can get a win tomorrow that’ll go a long way.

Wannabe2

That’s a very fair result, we took one very important point tonight, we played very well in fairness to the lads, well played boys, Another day tomorrow when two very good teams do it all again, myself I would be happy with one point, anything else would be a bonus. We won a point, but Belfast lost a point, have a good night all.

august04

That was a very decent game. Devils played some good stuff, Hotham in particular was outstanding. A vital point but we gave three really poor goals away - the same defenceman outworked/outmuscled for two of those, on the ice for all three and didn’t ice again I don’t think after the third went in.
From the webcast, it seemed Darnell waved the Giants “winning” goal off with one second to go, due to Ferland being in the crease. He didn’t look in the blue paint to me, not sure if there was another reason? After that, I don’t think we can begrudge them the shootout win. I’d settle for another point tomorrow.

Hedd Wyn John

That was a very decent game. Devils played some good stuff, Hotham in particular was outstanding. A vital point but we gave three really poor goals away - the same defenceman outworked/outmuscled for two of those, on the ice for all three and didn’t ice again I don’t think after the third went in.
From the webcast, it seemed Darnell waved the Giants “winning” goal off with one second to go, due to Ferland being in the crease. He didn’t look in the blue paint to me, not sure if there was another reason? After that, I don’t think we can begrudge them the shootout win. I’d settle for another point tomorrow.
He was nowhere near the crease so a puzzling call but the result was fair. The Devils need to be more clinical in front of goal tomorrow as we missed a couple of sitters.

chris592

Felt Devils played the better of the two teams tonight, we got fortunate for the win. If it wasn't for Rutherford dancing around the ice and making two goals for himself I reckon devil's would have won that.

Hate to say it, hope I'm wrong. But think Devils will win the league, got a point and did well.

Just one thing, Tom Darnell with one of the most shocking decisions I've seen in this league. Ok ok we won the game in the end but I'm still absolutely fuming. I was sitting at the back of door 10 and it looked every day a goal. Seen several clips of it and it's everyday a goal. Shocking.

Anyway great game we do it all again tomorrow. Loads of your fans over hope they are out enjoying Belfast tonight.

Devil94

Tight game but thought we were the better team overall. We had the better of the first and the third, while belfast had the second.
That OT goal should have been given, but there were a few missed calls on Belfast tonight, and with our powerplay as hot as it was tonight, we could have finished the game in regulation.
A very useful point though, keeps the pressure on Belfast to not give us any more points tomorrow.

P.S why did Jake not take a penalty shot? He should always be the first on the list.

august04

Not a crease violation apparently, according to Lord in his post game interview. Darnell told him the puck hadn’t crossed the line. It'll be interesting to see that one again on the highlights.

kettdevil1

Best game of the season.
Best performance of the season by Hotham
Best example of how to be immovable in the crease by Myers
Best team PK-ing by the Devils
Worst decision by officials of the season in disallowing the Giants ‘winner’

Same again, but with the result reversed, tonight please.