Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Thread starter #1

Judgement Weekend

The Giants have a webcast available for these games and it's the standard £8 per game. All the details can be found here: https://live.belfastgiants.com/ - it's usually pretty good so it's worth looking at if you don't want to watch text scrolling across a screen, otherwise...

Join us at MNL as we'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for these games as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

voth26

If Denny is going to play then for me I would scratch Doucet, bit random I know. For me Bordy is hot at the moment and will give the giants somethings to think about like is he going to scare the shit out of them when he crushes them in the boards, will he take nickerson's head off if he plays up, or will Bordy score again??

IMO Doucet has picked up his game in the past 3 games I've seen (since he was a healthy scratch). A much better work rate from someone who is struggling goal wise and someone who was giving silly penalties away.

Although I believe the player sitting out either game is someone who is carrying any sort of injury or niggle. Of course if everyone is 100% then this is difficult. Although I would find it hard to believe that this is the case but you never know.

We are now at the serious end of the season and there is no point risking players especially when the good owners have enabled us to carry another spare import.

Wannabe2

IMO Doucet has picked up his game in the past 3 games I've seen (since he was a healthy scratch). A much better work rate from someone who is struggling goal wise and someone who was giving silly penalties away.

Although I believe the player sitting out either game is someone who is carrying any sort of injury or niggle. Of course if everyone is 100% then this is difficult. Although I would find it hard to believe that this is the case but you never know.

We are now at the serious end of the season and there is no point risking players especially when the good owners have enabled us to carry another spare import.
Any news on those programs please.???

Bazza

Safe trip and good luck to the players and fans going today. Apologies for missing those who I know went yesterday!!

Fingers crossed for 2, 3 or even a 4 point weekend!

E.D.S.

Big weekend. Not make or break by any stretch. No point heaping any more pressure than what they already feel. Put in the performance and the rest will take care of itself.
I'll take a split weekend.
Safe trip to those going.
Come on boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
A split weekend isn't the end of the world, 2 losses would still give us a game in hand with only a point behind. Taking all the points however will put us totally in control of our own destiny and a big dent in the chasing pack. 4 points would take some of the pressure off the remaining games. Please don't leave the title race open till the last weekend again. My nerves can't handle it :D

Ocko

I don't think these games are make or break for us. However if we win both it could certainly define our season, 2 wins here and away at Panthers (a huge ask admittedly) would put us just a bit out of reach IMO.

It certainly is make or break for the Giants though, two losses would mean we would have to lose 4 games by the end of the season and they'd have to win out. We'd basically have to hit our worst form all year to not win the league and they'd have to hit their best.

Bazza

Part of me wants the actual title to go to the last weekend so we can "be there" when we win it in the double header against Belfast.

However, the sensible part of me would love it wrapped up asap!!! Preferably at a home game though!!!

trapped

Id settle for a split weekend, all day long. Nothing gained, nor lost and Steelers quite some way behind. A four point weekend could really see us home though! It's going to be fun!

Devil94

Because it's the league title we have wanted for so long and have just missed out on so many times, if we do win in I would rather us wrap it up asap, then enjoy the final weekend of the season pressure free.

I think I would also take a split weekend. No ground gained on us.

Devil_Abroad

I don't think these games are make or break for us. However if we win both it could certainly define our season, 2 wins here and away at Panthers (a huge ask admittedly) would put us just a bit out of reach IMO.

It certainly is make or break for the Giants though, two losses would mean we would have to lose 4 games by the end of the season and they'd have to win out. We'd basically have to hit our worst form all year to not win the league and they'd have to hit their best.
Wouldn't it be 5 games? We're 3 pts ahead, add 4pts this w/e if we were to beat them - that makes 7pts - but we also have a game in hand which means 9pts - so we'd need to lose 5 games? Mind you, it would be 4 for Steelers to pip us on Regulation Wins if they won all remaining games lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Despite the enormity of this weekend, I hope the Devils approach these games with the same mindset and performance levels as they have been displaying very recently. The last game against the Giants was a monumental turning point psychologically for our Team.
Devils are now playing with confidence and freedom - chemistry and systems are working. Lordo has options. And the guys look like they are all enjoying playing hockey again.

Best of Luck to the Devils - show 'em why you deserve to be top of the League. :D ENJOY IT.

Last edited:

Rob Batch

I've just been re-watching our last game in Belfast, our guys were amazing. If we perform anywhere near that level then Belfast are gonna have an up-hill struggle. I feel a 4 point weekend is possible, cum on u Devils !!!

Diafol

The webcast guys have just treated us to the infamous clip of Ed Courtenay throwing his toys out of the pram and his sticks on to the ice.

A taste of things to come ?