Giants bring in.....

zoesdevil

Thread starter #3
Seems to be young,small and probably cheap.
Why do they need him?
That's what I thought, they're defence seems good, I read their fans were moaning about Pelech taking silly pens a few weeks ago, but not reading that so much now & they havent gased anyone.

Finny

Seen a couple of comments on twitter suggesting they have injuries, though I've not seen anything announced?

chris592

Seen a couple of comments on twitter suggesting they have injuries, though I've not seen anything announced?
Keefers interview on the Giants website about the signing mentions they where looking an extra import to cover injuries.

Mullen and Forsberg both have had injuries which have kept them out some games. Not sure if those players have been playing through it or not.

But yes it's to cover recent injuries although I suspect it's not temporary cover and he will be here for the entire season.

kettdevil1

This is interesting. I mean no disrespect to the player at all but.... if this is the level of player currently doing the rounds then I think we need to keep our money in our pocket until the market changes.

Having said that.... of course he might turn out to be the next Bobby Orr....

chris592

This is interesting. I mean no disrespect to the player at all but.... if this is the level of player currently doing the rounds then I think we need to keep our money in our pocket until the market changes.

Former NCAA player with a good ECHL record and young. Giants have signed these players in the past, look at Darcy Murphy for example. These are talented young and hungry players.

Personally rather have these kind of players who are only really starting their career. Than some 38 year old journey man who made it to the show for a few games but is looking one last season before retiring.

Remains to be seen how good he will be. But we have had a few players like him who have turned out to be top players in this league. Just don't count him out ;)

kingmo19.1

Liam Morgan (Belfast) - plucked straight out of NCAA (year 2) - his stats this season to date would be better than anyone on our team with the exception of Haddad:-

https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/203/belfast-giants?tab=stats#players

Don’t dismiss the youngsters - they’ve got everything to prove!!!!!

Temme

similar build/playstyle (same height) and also better stats than Chad Langlais who briefly played in the league a few years ago after signing with the giants toward the end of the season.

What a player he was.

Finny

If this guy had signed for us though you could be certain there would be posts on here complaining that he didn't have any AHL experience, let alone NHL.

As August04 has pointed out though, Reddick joined us with low key stats and has turned into a great signing.

Temme

ECHL career points per game:

Gleason Fournier 0.39
Ryan Lowney 0.48

He finished 6th in assists among all ECHL D men last year.
As i said above similar to Chad Langlais who was an absolute stud in this league.

That Fournier bloke isn't great but Lowney appears more productive than him from ECHL stats at least.

I'm not sure why people think this is a poor signing?

kingmo19.1

ECHL career points per game:

Gleason Fournier 0.39
Ryan Lowney 0.48

He finished 6th in assists among all ECHL D men last year.
As i said above similar to Chad Langlais who was an absolute stud in this league.

That Fournier bloke isn't great but Lowney appears more productive than him from ECHL stats at least.

I'm not sure why people think this is a poor signing?
In a word Education!