Get your CV out there...

TheStub

Thread starter #1
Just had a bit of an idea.

There are quite a few people posting on here who are either out of work or looking to make a career change.

There are also many of us who have skills, contacts and experience to help each other out.

So - would it be a nice idea to post CV's, for review and/or dissemination? It may not be direct help, I wouldn't be much use putting you forward for vacencies in my firm, unless you want to move to Scunny. But, I do spend a lot of time reviewing CVs, conducting interviews - hiring and firing software contractors.

We are all fans of the greatest team on the planet, so lets see if we can help each other out.

What does everyone think?

As someone who was recently out of work for a long time and found it hard to get back in, with the current financial climate, I think this is an excellent idea, but people have to be wary about their personal details being posted on a website.

maybe rather than specifics a cut down version like "2 years experience for a company that..." and if someone likes what they hear they can PM the poster for the full CV?

But in principle I think it's a great idea, things are tough out there in the job market but ideas like this could pay off and help a couple of people out.

I'm a Job Search Officer, I advise people on compiling CV's, application forms,interview techniques, job search etc, if any Devils fan wanted any help I'm more than willing to give a hand, it would be a busmans holiday for me. PM me if you want me to look over anything :)