GB

kingmo19.1

I have to agree, there are 10 teams in the league, where are the 70+ brits coming from?
There’s 50 at the moment with the current level of 5 per team. A fair chunk of them are ancient and happy to play into their mid / late 30’s. That then holds back younger Brits from stepping into the league! If the limit was 7 it would allow some sense of succession planning for each club which would only help GB in the long term.

There’s 50 at the moment with the current level of 5 per team. A fair chunk of them are ancient and happy to play into their mid / late 30’s. That then holds back younger Brits from stepping into the league! If the limit was 7 it would allow some sense of succession planning for each club which would only help GB in the long term.
Yes and probably 50% of that 50 are average at best.
So I refer you to my previous rider of not wanting to dilute the product I pay to see by chasing a GB dream.
Lets be fair, the last 2 GB defeats were more down to individual errors and poor decision making than being out of our depth!

moggy#9

Simply throwing kids into elite league sides isn't enough to develop them to a high level. They have to learn power skating and get some experience of a variety of games situations. Three only way to fix that is in overseas development league, like duggan and Waller did.

There also needs to be proper farm arrangements for eihl teams. The current 2 way deals don't seem to do the job.

kingmo19.1

Surely it’s not the responsibility of the EIHL to improve GB. It’s not a developmental league.
Completely agree, but being the highest league in GB it has a somewhat vested interest in GB doing well in terms of publicity for the game in general. A good GB team can only be a good reflection on the EIHL if the vast majority of the GB players play in that league.

I am a fan of the Cardiff Devils and have recently started watching GB. Adding more brits to EIHL rosters sounds good but I don't see where this talent will come from. The difference between the NIHL and the EIHL is a huge step up. Would be great to be able to develop young British players who can crack the GB roster, but sadly I think the best was way for this to happen is for them to go abroad to play.