GB v Hungary live commentary at 3.25pm

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
For those of you not on THF
Andy Buxton said:
It's game 4 for GB at the World Championships this afternoon and this time we take on the number 1 seeds in the group - Hungary. They've been awesome so far and this is going to be another tough one for the GB lads.

Once again, Geoff and I will be doing full live online commentary and again, we NEED you to listen in or just click on the link a few times. I keep saying it but it's so important we get a good hit count if we are going to do this in future years.

So please do your bit and sneak it on in the background at work if you have to !

If you want to send in any messages, just text me on 07968727734 or send me an email at apbuxton@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks in advance for your support !
Andy
Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/coventry/hi/ the link should be there about 20 past

Sounds like the team is competing so far as well, rather than just holding on for 0-0.

The commentators talked a bit about how matching and passing teams like Hungary and Slovenia has to be the aim. Wouldn't it be great to see the team competing in the top tier - and wouldn't that be great for the stregth and exposure of the sport in the UK?

I do think though that we may have to look at bringing in a small number of imports from the eihl to help team GB make the step. The system in the UK is not set up for a successful GB team with the main focus on clubs making enough money to survive. I think therefore the solution may be to bring in 3-4 imports to progress the team. (then faze them out in the medium-long term)

Once we've made the jump - IMO it'll be a snowball effect in improving hockey's (not just team GB's prospects) in the UK.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the link Merthyr Devil.

Very strong goaltending for Hungary, but a bit higher class of shooting might just have been the difference in these tight games. Perhaps outlines the case for a couple of imports in the line-up?