GAME OFF

Wannabe2

The most important thing that comes out of this is that the Devils have no plans in place to advise ticket holders of last minute cancellations. The need is now obvious and I expect them to have something in place by the next home game. Saturday I believe.
So what’s your suggestions in attaining the answer to this problem. You expect them to sort it as if it’s an easy thing to do, so what’s your suggestions.

MA18

The most important thing that comes out of this is that the Devils have no plans in place to advise ticket holders of last minute cancellations. The need is now obvious and I expect them to have something in place by the next home game. Saturday I believe.
Like a big light they can shine over Cardiff? Bit like Batman but a Devil? Or they could just use the three social media platforms like they did.

Wannabe2

Like a big light they can shine over Cardiff? Bit like Batman but a Devil? Or they could just use the three social media platforms like they did.
Love the Batman bit, can you imagine that in a Devils form shining over Cardiff. Great answer love it.

Pembo

I’d be happy to sign up for some sort of SMS notification system for urgent info. It’s not always possible to check social media so a push notification might be easier for fans in transit. League or the club could operate it.

Mazzoak

I’d be happy to sign up for some sort of SMS notification system for urgent info. It’s not always possible to check social media so a push notification might be easier for fans in transit. League or the club could operate it.
I wouldn’t hold my breath for a solution using technology............

Finny

So my understanding is that Dundee travelled Tuesday & stayed in a hotel Tuesday night.

No testing was completed prior to travel Tuesday.
Upon arrival at the rink, they were given lateral flow tests and had positive results.

I guess the learning from this, quite clearly, for a sport that relies on it's fans - is this testing needs to take place at a far more reasonable time prior to face-off so that it doesn't affect travel, staffing etc - but it's a learning curve for everyone.

Thoughts with Dundee, a smaller club that will have forked out on travel & hotels for seemingly no reason - however, common sense would surely dictate that they take tests BEFORE travelling down.
I'd heard opposite.
That Dundee took LFTs and PCR tests before they left Tuesday. All LFTs were negative so they sent the PCR tests off and drove down to Cardiff.
On arrival at IAW, one of the players was contacted to say his PCR had come back positive.

I don't know whether your source is more reliable than mine, but the version of events I was told would mean Dundee couldn't have done any more.

Last edited:

Temme

I'd heard opposite.
That Dundee took LFTs and PCR tests before they left Tuesday. All LFTs were negative so they sent the PCR tests off and drove down to Cardiff.
On arrival at IAW, one of the players was contacted to say his PCR had come back positive.

I don't know whether your source is more reliable than mine, but the version of events I was told would mean Dundee couldn't have done any more.
I hope yours is more accurate than mine for sure, as that would make much more sense.

So what’s your suggestions in attaining the answer to this problem. You expect them to sort it as if it’s an easy thing to do, so what’s your suggestions.
They have the email address of most ticket holders including season. If they'd sent an email many would have seen it before they'd left. There was a note in an unrelated news item on their website (now deleted) which should have been a banner on their home page. Even better replace that stupid thing with details of the next home game pop up. Where there's a will there's a way but there seemed to be little thought on Wednesday night.