Game Night Parking

Pondlife

GDPR as it relates to ANPR is a complex issue and the ICO Commisioner on surveillance cameras is working on industry standards. As I say I do not intend to assist him by becoming a test case

One thing is certain though implied consent is no longer enough it has to be explicit - hence all those annoying emails from firms you have not dealt with since the turn of the century!
I believe they are allowed to hold and process your data without explicit consent because there is a “legitimate interest”

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...ul-basis-for-processing/legitimate-interests/

• There are three elements to the legitimate interests basis. It helps to think of this as a three-part test. You need to:
    • identify a legitimate interest;
    • show that the processing is necessary to achieve it; and
    • balance it against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms.
  • The legitimate interests can be your own interests or the interests of third parties. They can include commercial interests, individual interests or broader societal benefits.

Hedd Wyn John

I’ve seen 1 or 2 cars get past the barriers at Toys R Us. Anyone know how they did that? If car park can be opened up- parking issues can be massively alleviated.

OJLloyd

As the rather cute frog said above - GDPR allows for use for legitimate reasons.

I assume that there is adequate signage in Morrisons to warn you about parking? That’s the only other way around it really, though it is a hassle.

pjj365

I follow the Information Commissioner for surveillance cameras and yet to see a solution to giving active permission under GDRP
Have not seen the legitimate argument put forward in the context of ANPR

But I will repeat - test cases to come so do not park in Morrisons unless you have infinite patience and cash for a civht2

Mazzoak

Delay in this area maybe due to Brexit, as GDPR is limited post Brexit to businesses that have continued dealings within the EU. Any business not based in the EU or having no dealings in the EU will no longer need to follow GDPR regulation, as it’s an EU policy. It’s likely that the U.K. will retain much of the regulations, but will be amended to allow continuous protection of land owners rights to limit private land usage to users of the tenants business or owners via ANPR and imposed fines.

pjj365

Fair point but I understood DP matters were to be adopted wholesale

In any event existing EU rules etc. have been adopted (for the moment) following the recent act

Bazza

I’ve seen 1 or 2 cars get past the barriers at Toys R Us. Anyone know how they did that? If car park can be opened up- parking issues can be massively alleviated.
There are cars in there every day - no idea what they are doing though!

The silver barriers seem to be down in the middle section - just a couple of cones there. Only enough width for 1 car to get in or out I think but could easily be used as a one way (in then out) option for match day.

Just needs a person to 'manage' it and control number of cars to match number of spaces!

Gough60

There are cars in there every day - no idea what they are doing though!

The silver barriers seem to be down in the middle section - just a couple of cones there. Only enough width for 1 car to get in or out I think but could easily be used as a one way (in then out) option for match day.

Just needs a person to 'manage' it and control number of cars to match number of spaces!
That is a disaster waiting to happen.
The barriers are down for a reason.....BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK THERE.
Don't go blotting our copy book any more than it is already. Something clearly has upset Morrison's or we would still be parking there on a Sunday.

I’m really not sure why there are question marks still with parking? Not surprisingly, Morrison’s don’t want us using their car park anymore, probably due to the litter and illegal parking in the resident areas.

Wilcox House is designated, safe parking just over the road. It’s literally a 5 minute walk. Why is there an issue with this?

Mazzoak

Ok. They manage it, place ANPR and charge £10.50 an hour to use it, high price because it’s a temporary car park as the land is subject to sale and implementing managed car parking costs money......you gonna use it then.

Bazza

Ok. They manage it, place ANPR and charge £10.50 an hour to use it, high price because it’s a temporary car park as the land is subject to sale and implementing managed car parking costs money......you gonna use it then.
Think you are missing the point/over-complicating things or just trying to argue for fun.

Whilst the site is empty, and not being used, and the fact some of the steel barriers seem to be down/missing then with some kind of agreement then surely the club could manage it on game nights by allowing cars in until it is full?

No need for cameras etc just a sensible bit of control.

And no I would not use it whether free or £100 as I can walk to the rink in less than a minute!!! :)

This could be a temporary addition to the Wilcox option that is all I am saying. It was in answer to Hedd Wyn John's question about it.

PS Mazzoak if you are currently parking somewhere for £10.50 an hour you could probably get your chauffeur to drop you off anyway!

BostonBart22

That is a disaster waiting to happen.
The barriers are down for a reason.....BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK THERE.
Don't go blotting our copy book any more than it is already. Something clearly has upset Morrison's or we would still be parking there on a Sunday.
Fans can still park at Morris ons as long as its for 3hours or under.. Arrive Saturday 6.55 game over by 9.30 ish.

Mazzoak

Think you are missing the point/over-complicating things or just trying to argue for fun.

Whilst the site is empty, and not being used, and the fact some of the steel barriers seem to be down/missing then with some kind of agreement then surely the club could manage it on game nights by allowing cars in until it is full?

No need for cameras etc just a sensible bit of control.

And no I would not use it whether free or £100 as I can walk to the rink in less than a minute!!! :)

This could be a temporary addition to the Wilcox option that is all I am saying. It was in answer to Hedd Wyn John's question about it.

PS Mazzoak if you are currently parking somewhere for £10.50 an hour you could probably get your chauffeur to drop you off anyway!

I’m neither missing the point, over complicating things or just trying to argue. I’m pointing out that this is not Bristol Zoo or Uzbekistan. There are a few financial, permission and business issues that need more than a two minute phone call and a guy in a hi vis on a game night.

Wilcox House took some work to secure, is the official car parking solution which cures all parking issues.

Simples....

Interesting bit in the News section (on the official Devis website) about this weekend's Coventry game regarding parking. Sounds like there's going to be a crackdown this season. I can't believe some people still want to park illegally at Morrisons, or try and use the Toys R Us land. The Devils management no doubt spent a lot of effort in securing parking at Wilcox House, so if that's not used (or the main arena car park or swimming pool) then it seems likely that vehicles are going to be clamped, fined or even towed away. The Devils organisation clearly seem to be annoyed with a minority who continue to be disrespectful when it comes to parking arrangements.

pjj365

I sort of get trying to take advantage of what people may see as "fair game" parking (TRU Morrisons) They want to take their chances - up to them

What I don't get is the arrogance of those who park on residents land. If you do this please share your address so we can come and park in your drive/parking space