Game Night Parking

pjj365

Is there a Data Protection lawyer on here!?!?

Under GDPR specific permission needs to be given to collectors of personal information - which is what ANPR with access to DVLA does. I have not given the Morrisons operator this permission

I will though not park at Morrisons as I do not want to be a test case

kettdevil1

Is there a Data Protection lawyer on here!?!?

Under GDPR specific permission needs to be given to collectors of personal information - which is what ANPR with access to DVLA does. I have not given the Morrisons operator this permission

I will though not park at Morrisons as I do not want to be a test case
I suspect the argument would be that you have been told that it will be and by driving in you are implicitly agreeing to it....

Mazzoak

From what l gather the ICO are badly underfunded, rarely issue fines and when they have done so are so small they certainly do not act as a deterrent, issuing complaints to them are a waste of time.
Parking Eye and many others have updated their policies in line with the GDPR. It remains perfectly legal for parking companies to access DVLA data and issue tickets. One would have to prove that the DVLA or the parking company cannot protect your data, not an easy task. As for you not authorising the parking company access to your data, that from what l understand does not relate to Name of driver and Home address, as that is public record. I believe once you’ve entered an ANPR controlled car park, your entering into a contract, you adhere to those terms, one being you’ve agreed data to be collected. It is the same principle as when you enter a web page or telephone a company.
Personally using Wilcox house is far more stress free than fighting a ticket issued at a Morrison’s or the Harvester, who also use Parking Eye.

pjj365

I suspect the argument would be that you have been told that it will be and by driving in you are implicitly agreeing to it....
GDPR as it relates to ANPR is a complex issue and the ICO Commisioner on surveillance cameras is working on industry standards. As I say I do not intend to assist him by becoming a test case

One thing is certain though implied consent is no longer enough it has to be explicit - hence all those annoying emails from firms you have not dealt with since the turn of the century!

Ocko

God does this mean i have to follow Twitter every match day?
So does this mean i have a parking ticket coming my way.?
How else do you suppose the club communicate with you?

I believe you have 3 hours. If you arrived just before faceoff and left straight after the game you’ll be ok.

terry hunt

Thread starter #32
How else do you suppose the club communicate with you?

I believe you have 3 hours. If you arrived just before faceoff and left straight after the game you’ll be ok.
Notifications of car parking were put on the website.When i queried the Wilcox house situation the site was changed but no mention made of Morrisons.Sadly i foolishly thought Morrisons would be OK.

terry hunt

Thread starter #33
The sign says customers so arrival after the store shuts does not work except for greedy parking control firms!
We have spoken to a Morrisons,cardiff bay management spokesperson this morning.She insisted that no agreement exists with the Devils this year or last year.
The cameras have been switched on due to persistent offending by many people visiting the IAW and local flat dwellers.
We did tell them that the barriers were still up last night but as we were there for approx 3 1/2 hours we may be fined.
If so we will have to recoup the fine by shopping elsewhere.

As travelling from distance, we were on the the road and didn't see twitter feed. Any idea what the fine is. Same here if I get a ticket will never purchase Morrison's food or petrol again. Ho hum could turn out to be expensive pre-season mistake.

Have Hope#35

We have spoken to a Morrisons,cardiff bay management spokesperson this morning.She insisted that no agreement exists with the Devils this year or last year.
The cameras have been switched on due to persistent offending by many people visiting the IAW and local flat dwellers.
We did tell them that the barriers were still up last night but as we were there for approx 3 1/2 hours we may be fined.
If so we will have to recoup the fine by shopping elsewhere.
There was an agreement in Place for Sundays last season as it was posted on the Devils Website but possibly not this? Morrisons is pretty much off limits and has been for a couple of years now.
Last Seasons Post: http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/security-checks-queues-and-car-parking-update/

Foxy

Brilliant because its all traffic light controlled and right on the roundabout to get onto the ink road.

Its not that much of a walk to be fair.