Food and drink not aloud?

It really was an utter shambles last night especially outside the rink with the long queue waiting to get in. I brought along 2 newbies who were far from impressed with the disorganisation. Had it been raining heavily, things could have turned very ugly in my opinion. Management owes the fans a full explanation and an apology for what went on. The failure to give the fans waiting outside any information about the reasons for the hold up exacerbated the growing unrest around me.

Despite my attempts to reassure my friends that it was not the norm, as we finally entered the arena, they both said they were unlikely to want to repeat the experience as it could well be pouring with rain next time. However, I’m delighted to say that the game itself changed their minds and they’ll be accompanying me to another game in a few weeks. So a very big thumbs up to our great team but a huge thumbs down to the management last night.

Temme

I'd rather the security guards keep doing what they do and keeping everyone safe by checking what they can & when they can, if the queues are too long because they are keeping us safe then arrive earlier..

Unfortunately with our sport most pieces of clothing are XXL or bigger, myself and several others embarked on a great play-off smuggle in Nottingham and managed to smuggle in some £20 of snacks, beer, party rings (it isn't a party without party rings...) underneath our jerseys, because

I thought we was all told no food or drink allowed into the arena?
correct.

Please someone tell me how atleast 4 people in block 10 last night brought in beer cans, containers with cake and sandwiches etc.
You wear an XXXL Goalie cut jersey and hide it underneath.

The bags are clearly not being searched properly or some people have special treatment.
Incorrect.
Going back to the OP - nobody gets special treatment, however the security team have rules to follow & follow those rules as best as they can, which i'm sure between the 2-3 people funneling EVERYONE in is extremely difficult in the dark, with impatient, freezing cold fans.

If someone eating cake offends you or detracts from your enjoyment of the game I would suggest notifying a steward - they are the guys stood at the top of the stairs with Hi-Vis vests on.

Hockeymad

Thread starter #23
The stewards just stand there lookignpretty and haven’t a clue what’s going on half the time.

The steward by block 10 just kept shouting who wants pizza even when the game was playing. It’s becoming a joke down there this season.

Wannabe2

I'd rather the security guards keep doing what they do and keeping everyone safe by checking what they can & when they can, if the queues are too long because they are keeping us safe then arrive earlier..

Unfortunately with our sport most pieces of clothing are XXL or bigger, myself and several others embarked on a great play-off smuggle in Nottingham and managed to smuggle in some £20 of snacks, beer, party rings (it isn't a party without party rings...) underneath our jerseys, because

Going back to the OP - nobody gets special treatment, however the security team have rules to follow & follow those rules as best as they can, which i'm sure between the 2-3 people funneling EVERYONE in is extremely difficult in the dark, with impatient, freezing cold fans.

If someone eating cake offends you or detracts from your enjoyment of the game I would suggest notifying a steward - they are the guys stood at the top of the stairs with Hi-Vis vests on.
The queues had nothing to do with security checks, we couldn’t get in due to the Q&A weekly debacle.

Wannabe2

The stewards just stand there lookignpretty and haven’t a clue what’s going on half the time.

The steward by block 10 just kept shouting who wants pizza even when the game was playing. It’s becoming a joke down there this season.
The young lady looking after block1 is very good.

Gazza272

The Question & Answer sessions are causing problems for loads of people, we were stuck outside for 20 mins last night in the cold, thank god it wasn’t raining, the bay in the winter is a very very cold place with the wind coming in off the seas. There were literally hundreds of us stuck outside, while far less people are talking inside in the bar, my point is why do these sessions have to happen every week, what changes so dramatically week in week out, whilst season ticket holders and punters have to queue outside, if it was raining last night, then it would not be a joke. Also few people in these sessions spend money at the bar, whilst others who want to spend money can’t get in, that’s statement is not so I personally can have a beer although I do, but with the Devils now running the bar I thought every penny helped. Myself and it’s only my views why can’t these sessions happen every month, we did manage without them for 34/35 yrs, and they don’t happen elsewhere were clubs are more concerned with getting their customers in the warm and the dry. There were loads of very angry people outside last night believe me.

Did they keep people outside past doors opening time? (doors opened 10 minutes late yesterday, which may have impacted things)

But in general, are people kept waiting once the doors open? or is your gripe based on not getting into the rink before doors open?

I guess what i'm getting at here is, if you arrive for 16:30, there is no issue getting into the bar, and if you arrive at 17:00 then thats when doors open and you get into the bar, as once the Q&A is finished people filter into the rink incredibly quickly.

But if you arrive at 10 to 5 and the bar is at capacity and doors aren't open yet, i'm struggling to see what the issue is?

Or are you saying, you would prefer the Q&A didn't happen, so that people who like to go to it, now won't go to it, so you can come into the rink at your preferred time?

I'm not having a go when i ask this, i'm genuinely trying to see where the problems are arising.

Temme

Again, if you have any feedback for the Stewards then go and speak to them. You say that they stand there looking pretty - what are they supposed to be doing??????

The queues had nothing to do with security checks, we couldn’t get in due to the Q&A weekly debacle.
I arrive at the arena at anthem time and normally stroll straight in, there were queues this week - so yes, the queues were to do with security checks as I was stood in them, I wasn't alluding to the Q&A however long before F/O that is :)

im offended by not being offered any of ths cake Temme. I feel like ive missed out
Jimmy mate i do genuinely believe we've peaked as a forum community with a thread being made because people were eating cake.

1000000% i'm bringing cake with me to the game on Saturday vs Belfast & for those that know me are welcome to come and get some #cakegate

I do apologise to the moderators (James sits pretty close to me so i'll give you some cake to make-up for it), but i can't take this particular thread seriously!!!

Foxy

Awh im Block 10 and i never had any cake:(

and back off our stewart lovely man who is very helpful and approachable:)

Can we get back to proper debate now lol

Hockeymad

Thread starter #31
Then you get silly comments from people making out all I care about is people eating cake,

No mention of beer cans or the fact they were loud etc.

Bunch of morons.

What a crap forum this is when all you do is take the piss out of people and don’t like a debate and devils or the players can never do wrong blah blah blah.

Bye forum waste of spunk

Ocko

I take back my criticism of this thread. Thinking about it, maybe there is an epidemic with cake? The number of people taking up more than one seat whilst only paying for one is increasing faster than their waistlines so maybe we should have a stricter cake policy on the door.

Last edited:

Temme

You didn't mention at any point that they were loud - i've checked all your posts. All I can see is that people bringing their own cans and food in has somehow offended you enough for you to comment & question others integrity (Stewards, other fans)

Bunch of morons.

That's subjective, but it's your opinion, which you are more than entitled to :)
Apologies Hockeymad, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

If anyone got carrot or walnut cake spare give block 1 a shout...
I'm in block 20 but it's vicky sponge or chocolate cake only this weekend!

Samael

Then you get silly comments from people making out all I care about is people eating cake,

Bunch of morons.

What a crap forum this is when all you do is take the piss out of people and don’t like a debate and devils or the players can never do wrong blah blah blah.

Bye forum waste of spunk
You're not the barely literate poster 'barmyarmy' who got temp banned off the cage after the win last night are you? If you are, l suggest you start reading more and typing less. You embarass yourself and the Cardiff fanbase.