Fold up seats

Milky

Dai Vader said:
Does anybody know why there are folding seats dotted around the arena
An unfortunate consequence of no phone lines, no online booking system and a handful of people processing 6000+ ticket purchases for 3 games in a two week period.

Without a seating plan either everything is being done on excel spreadsheets so I guess there are bound to be mistakes. I suppose the Devils can only work what is in their control.

Rich Best

They have pulled off a minor miracle, especially Kris Agland. The work put in to ticketing and everything else that goes with running a major event has been immense!

Electro

They've had 10 yrs since the WNIR closed, the planning of the replacement arena started a yr or two before the closure.

Oh and their over due on completion date.

Sorry excuses are simply that.

Honestly a business that sells tickets should have the necessary up and running well before its due to say, sell tickets.

This is criticism of Greenbank and the IAW management, not the club. It would appear the latter are powerless in this relationship, if so that is not a good situation to be in.

But why are there folding seats? there was some behind the back of block 8 and behind the back of block 1/2 I think by these blocks there wasn't a lot of room to walk around the back.

Milky

the placid casual said:
But why are there folding seats? there was some behind the back of block 8 and behind the back of block 1/2 I think by these blocks there wasn't a lot of room to walk around the back.
Probably because they've double booked some seats and are trying to accommodate everyone.

Sheincar

the placid casual said:
Because seats were over sold, therefore people were accommodated as best as possible.

Tyke Devil

Electro...we get it...you are not happy with how things have panned out.

I appreciate this is a forum...your views are of course valid..but crickey you appear to have some serious angst.

The experience and match night facilities will get better...and that will come with having the Devils on board with people like Todd Kelman who can point the IAW management in the right direction. He has done this before.

Devils in IAW is 3 games old. Let's have the conversation when it is 30 games old.

Yes the ticketing has been a nightmare. You are right to bring it up but once will do......we know the problems...we have all been trying to buy tickets. It is not perfect...it was never going to be. But I firmly believe that all involved want to make this a success.

I wish that someone would start a thread on things we ONLY like about IAW but I suspect that would soon become a thread about what is currently wrong. Shame that would be the case but there you go.

Tyke Devil said:
Electro...we get it...you are not happy with how things have panned out.

I appreciate this is a forum...your views are of course valid..but crickey you appear to have some serious angst.

The experience and match night facilities will get better...and that will come with having the Devils on board with people like Todd Kelman who can point the IAW management in the right direction. He has done this before.

Devils in IAW is 3 games old. Let's have the conversation when it is 30 games old.

Yes the ticketing has been a nightmare. You are right to bring it up but once will do......we knodw the problems...we have all been trying to buy tickets. It is not perfect...it was never going to be. But I firmly believe that all involved want to make this a success.

I wish that someone would start a thread on things we ONLY like about IAW but I suspect that would soon become a thread about what is currently wrong. Shame that would be the case but there you go.
Well said that man (presuming you are).

Electro, give it a rest son, you are like a broken record!

Electro

Again I read "Todd will sort it" and "it'll get better".

I hope your right. I don't share your confidence, not in Todd's abilities, he's more than capable, but in IAW's willingness to actually give a monkies what Todd wants.

The issues for me are obvious and would have been considered during the planning stages. For me these issues indicate far more concerns than most have written here.

Nobody connected to the Devils wants anything more than the Devils to succeed. I'm not so sure others do.

That's my viewpoint and how l see it.

Electro said:
Nobody connected to the Devils wants anything more than the Devils to succeed. I'm not so sure others do.
quote]

And your basis of this statement is? Not having a go..just interested why you might feel that some people want this venture to fail? Who are you talking about?

BostonBart22

Tyke Devil said:
Electro said:
quote]

And your basis of this statement is? Not having a go..just interested why you might feel that some people want this venture to fail? Who are you talking about?
think this electro is ragan or popers other half or related..sour grapes and all that :DWD

Wannabe2

Electro said:

I hope your right. I don't share your confidence, not in Todd's abilities, he's more than capable, but in IAW's willingness to actually give a monkies what Todd wants.

The issues for me are obvious and would have been considered during the planning stages. For me these issues indicate far more concerns than most have written here.

God I bet you don't even believe in the tooth fairy, it must be so sad getting a buzz out of trying to wind people up. There again some people never grow up, very very sad state of affairs. Your only here once dude, try enjoying the ride, it's over in the blink of a eye.

pjj365

Electro said:

Logic missing

So developers invest in a major facility which is primarily suited to hockey and you suggest they might want it to fail. Concerts, boxing etc. already have Cardiff venues with which IAW will compete (and I hope they will for the off season) but the cost to convert to this kind of event on a permanent basis would I suggest be verging on the prohibitive

Please get real

voth26

I understand some people frustrations with the issues at IAW, but do they honestly think the issues only affect them!!!. How's about giving the people who volunteered to sit and answer 3000 calls for hours on end a big round of applause to start with. I would much rather be sitting in a new rink with some initial new opening issues that can and will be sorted in time than a big blue tent any longer

pjj365

voth26 said:
I understand some people frustrations with the issues at IAW, but do they honestly think the issues only affect them!!!. How's about giving the people who volunteered to sit and answer 3000 calls for hours on end a big round of applause to start with. I would much rather be sitting in a new rink with some initial new opening issues that can and will be sorted in time than a big blue tent any longer
+1

BostonBart - why do you keep thinking that Electro is Ragan ? - Ragan's probably got more important things to do, like running a company. Judging by the tone of Electro's comments he could be Chillee, but he's said he's not.

drainage

voth26 said:
Agreed ........But for the help of some dedicated volunteers the situation would have been worse! I know for a fact how much time they have given up to help out ..........we all know it's not perfect none more so than Todd

Yes there was an issue on Sun tickets were sold twice but it wasn't 100s and things were sorted , I sit in blk 9 and had no issue navigating the top walk way

One more game then they have months to sort things am sure all will be good

Finny

oldishDevil said:
BostonBart - why do you keep thinking that Electro is Ragan ? - Ragan's probably got more important things to do, like running a company. Judging by the tone of Electro's comments he could be Chillee, but he's said he's not.
Has he said he's not? I thought he just avoided the question?

From memory chillee was nothing to do with Ragan or Pope. I think he worked for a rival construction company who didn't get the contract. Or he's just someone who works for a construction company (making the tea probably) who thinks he knows everything and like to pretend he would have done a better job.
Except he keeps getting basic details wrong and all his predictions have so far proved to be false.