Flyers vs Storm brawl

CaldicotDevil

DOPS has bottled it.

6 games for Fife’s Stoffat for throwing the first punch.

5 games Springer for punching a player whilst held.

3 games for Rupp for being involved.

1 game for Byers checking to the head.

I thought after the FretterGate incident the DOPS has turned over a new leaf.

kettdevil1

DOPS has bottled it.

6 games for Fife’s Stoffat for throwing the first punch.

5 games Springer for punching a player whilst held.

3 games for Rupp for being involved.

1 game for Byers checking to the head.

I thought after the FretterGate incident the DOPS has turned over a new leaf.
What would you have gone for? I am surprised Finnerty has not been taken to task but apart from that.... no massive arguments, at this time of the season these are some big suspensions and the two main players at fault have been hit with bans which directly affect their teams’ chances of making the post-season.

Diablo3

Thread starter #25
Both sides get a £3000 fine too, as DOPS said in their report, they had nothing to compare it to and didn't consider the coaches to be at fault because the game was over. The fight was the sole responsibility of the players. They are also going to mandate which end teams should go to at the end of the game to avoid any future confusion.

CaldicotDevil

What would you have gone for? I am surprised Finnerty has not been taken to task but apart from that.... no massive arguments, at this time of the season these are some big suspensions and the two main players at fault have been hit with bans which directly affect their teams’ chances of making the post-season.
The DOPS are saying Stoffat started the incident but IMO Byers did. At the end of the game was skating round the wrong end with the intent of trouble. He's played enough times in Fife to know the drill post games. It's it a bit like when Walser skated round during our Anthem and played dumb, no ones buying it because he knew what he was doing. There not many fighters in the Fife side and when they were surround by a bunch of fighters then I thought Stoffat threw it as he was intimidated. 6 games for that is a bit harsh.

Rupp got hit by Stoffat and then fought him one on one. 3 game for Rupp was about right, I sympathise with Rupp a bit.

Springer hitting someone whilst held. Gutless act and they should've threw the book at him. Whether he made an apology or not. To be suspended for less games than Stoffat is wrong.

Balmer should've got the same ban as Springer for holding a player. DOPS said "Linden Springer threw a left hand punch directly at the opposing player who is unable to defend himself. The reason for a five game suspension is Springer then threw a second third forceful punch directed directly at the head of the opposing player" With this statement how can you not ban the guy who was holding the player so he was unable to defend himself.

Gospel

Seems both teams got off lightly, especially Manchester, given how strong the wording is from DOPs and how they want to show this as an example. Also seems that the main instigator (Byers) got no ban whatsoever.

CaldicotDevil

Seems both teams got off lightly, especially Manchester, given how strong the wording is from DOPs and how they want to show this as an example. Also seems that the main instigator (Byers) got no ban whatsoever.
He got 1 game for a check to the head. Fife request the DOPS reviewed this.

Rempel16

Bans pretty fair and as expected for me. That incident wouldn't have escalated past handbags if Stoflet hadn't thrown a punch.

Surprised the hit on Aarssen hasn't seen a suspension, but other than that it's about right.

OJLloyd

Bans seem fair to me.

It does seem that DOPS could do with a bit more clarity in their explanations, which are wordy but often fail to get across the thought process behind why individual bans are of certain lengths when compared to others (the below isn't based on anything, just using the numbers as an example).

For instance, in this case two players have been banned for fighting after the end of the game. Stofflet's ban is double that of the other chap involved, because he started it, and the other player was not not expecting the punch. This seems entirely fair, as he should get the 3 for being involved in the fight (just like the other guy did), 2 for starting it, and the extra one for striking an unsuspecting opponent.

You can then avoid contrast with Springer's ban by explaining that, which could be along the lines of 2 for striking an opponent who couldn't defend himself, two for striking an opponent after the end of the game (not sure you could call this instigating a fight) and an extra one for the second and third strikes.

This stops the arguments about 'but so and so got this many games' and also sets a precedent for any future instances, though obviously mitigating and aggravating factors to each individual case may alter things slightly.