Flyers vs Storm brawl

CaldicotDevil

I’ve always enjoyed a good fair hockey fight but that was shocking. Balmer was holding Issacs arms whilst Springer was punching him. Happened after the final whistle as Fife were lining up for the MOTM award.

When the Storm want to play hockey they’re a good side. However they need to get rid of Finnerty if they’re ever going to move forward as a club.

jimmy snels

been a while since ive seen something like that. Great aint it! you dont win leagues like it but good to watch as a neutral. gives us something to talk about as well.
For me Byers will get a game ban for starting it and springer must be getting a 3 gamer surely!?

jimmy snels

this is also why i like carrying at least a couple of guys not many players would like to f**k with. springer is full on taking liberties there. he knows fife aint doing anything about it. if you carry a vother or mcwilliam shit is about to go down if that happens!

CaldicotDevil

this is also why i like carrying at least a couple of guys not many players would like to f**k with. springer is full on taking liberties there. he knows fife aint doing anything about it. if you carry a vother or mcwilliam shit is about to go down if that happens!
Hard to know where you draw the line with carrying a tough guy. In the off season I hoped we could’ve signed someone like Gagnon or Springers instead of Paris. I thought we’ve got enough quality in our defense to cover having a mediocre D man who adds some grit & toughness. However if I was a storms fan I’d be embarrassed to have Springer as a player after last night and glad we went no where near him.

pjj365

This was a street brawl, surely not an argument to have a tough guy to stop it happening

Anyone else watched the video and thought that towards the end the Fire guy was being held up (to take the punches) not being held back (to stop him punching) - fine line I guess

jimmy snels

plenty of tough players who can play. our own mark louis is a tough old nut and one of our better players imo. wouldnt ever want just a fighter. think people really confuse the ability to scrap as a one dimensional thing.