Flyers Vs Devils - 1 Dec 18 - League

Gospel

Result more important than performance last night. The boys dug in & to go 2 down against a team that were flying just a few weeks ago & win 8-3 is good. Now lets keep it going today & have a high intensity game & get 2 more points as otherwise last night wont mean much.

hip check

Yeh let’s just get Louis to fight his way through the league.... dw about his injuries punching a helmet everyweek. Fighting is not always the way to go maybe that hit spurred on this win in itself and got everyone reved up.
Not fighting every week..stepping up when someone suckers one of our star players..not neccasarily Louis but at least somebody.
We have a soft underbelly and if your quite happy seeing Martin getting creamed as long as we win that's your perogative, I prefer a bit of aggression in at least a couple of our players and standing up for their team mates.

Slartibartfast

What a season Crowder is having. He has already scored more points than he did all season for the Devils. He has gone from the 100th top scorer to the number one. He did look quite dangerous a few times last night.
It shows how Lord can spot talent. Shame he did not have a great season for us but he seems to have settled much better in Fife so good luck to him.
Great to see Linglet just behind him. I think its not so much that Linglet is getting better but his line mates are adjusting to his speed and creativity.
We had a similar problem with Kurka. He was a dynamo but noone else could keep up.
Linglets line has looked really good the last few games though and they were quite dominant last night so it looks like they gelling.

Temme

What a season Crowder is having. He has already scored more points than he did all season for the Devils. He has gone from the 100th top scorer to the number one. He did look quite dangerous a few times last night.
It shows how Lord can spot talent. Shame he did not have a great season for us but he seems to have settled much better in Fife so good luck to him.
Crowder was a little rusty when he first joined us - he was never given a chance to get going, given limited minutes on a bottom line, no PP time...
That's not a knock on him nor the Devils, as we won almost everything last year, so clearly it worked.

I too thought he wasn't great with us as we didn't see any of the offensive flair that Fife are seeing now.

And for Crowder himself, i'm sure he enjoyed being a successful fish in a successful pond, rather than a big fish in a little Fife pond.

He's 33 and the EIHL is the only trophy he's ever hoisted.

Best of luck to him in Fife, he's having a stellar year which is great to see and long may it continue, it's impossible to wish a guy that helped us to silverware any ill feeling.