Flyers v Devils

matbur

Have written a few words on my blog about the Devils current situation if anyone is interested: https://bit.ly/2PHwCjG

Little bit worried about tonight, guessing the mood and confidence in the camp is pretty low, this game is going to be tougher for the Devils than it looks on paper.

I am a long time Devils fan and intend to continue as such.
I agree the team are struggling but naming individuals is not the answer.I hope some of the posters on here never sit on a jury life sentences would be mandatory.
The team seem to have this "Autumn Break" for the last couple of years.Taking a look at the EIHL stats for our team the Stats are poor for all parts of our game from Bownsy onwards.It will be resolved but even then we are not entitled to win trophies despite us having the best organisation in the EIHL.
Thommo,Neilsen,Lawless Keefe etc,etc all have had good and bad seasons.
We need to be a bit more grown up and bite our tongues occasionally.Control our language and leave it to our experts.
For this reason i try not to post too soon after a game but calm down a bit.
For us at the moment it can only get better(must be a chant in there somewhere)
You seem to be a very knowledgeable and informed poster Terry and normally enjoy reading your opinions but im unsure as to why you think it is unreasonable to mention individuals? On fans forums for sports teams this tends to be common place...even so on forums of our EIHL brothers at Nottingham and Glasgow (not sure if the purple army is still up and running). These players are professionals and providing criticism and praise on a forum is balanced and non personal I personally think it adds to a healthy discussion amongst fans. On Twitter however I disagree.

I personally don't like calling individual player out. You win as a team and lose as a team , no problem with calling out forwards or d as a unit , any player reading this forum and I bet they do will know deep down it's them being discussed, we don't need to name the individual, they've got feelings just like us. However I will call a player out if I'm talking to my mates , I just don't think it's right putting it into print

august04

I personally don't like calling individual player out. You win as a team and lose as a team , no problem with calling out forwards or d as a unit , any player reading this forum and I bet they do will know deep down it's them being discussed, we don't need to name the individual, they've got feelings just like us. However I will call a player out if I'm talking to my mates , I just don't think it's right putting it into print
We’ve done this argument to death.....as long as it doesn’t involve personal abuse of players, then what’s the problem with commenting on player performance, whether good or bad? We’re just doing what every newspaper/website article does for every post match report in whatever sport you want to choose, and have been doing for decades!

Diablo3

Off topic:
I am tired of this subject:-
Can we get penalty shot results live on the big screen?
I'd like that, but would settle for the screen they put up when they were having tech problems, you could easily read it, easily see shots on goal and penalties. Much better than the current one.

As fans who pay money and commitment into the club week in week out we should know wether players are gassed or staff sacked instead of false rumours flying around..
Sorry but I can’t agree with this at all.
You pay your money to watch a match. Anything after that is club business and there is no obligation on them to share the goings on with anyone.
They will divulge information when it’s necessary or it suits them.
I blame the internet, people didn’t expect to know these thing back in the day!!!

pjj365

Sorry but I can’t agree with this at all.
You pay your money to watch a match. Anything after that is club business and there is no obligation on them to share the goings on with anyone.
They will divulge information when it’s necessary or it suits them.
I blame the internet, people didn’t expect to know these thing back in the day!!!
Agree entirely

Going into the whys and wherefores is heading into personal life territory and is unacceptable

Let's just say player X is gassed and publicly "outed" as not the right fit for the next season - that's fine. BUT player Y does not return and the rumour mill starts - that's why it's better to say nothing. Why? Because our each member of our team have private lives and ambitions,they have family issues to deal with and this is not our business. The club will know - we have no right to know

As to staff issues that, surely, can not be relevant to fans - except maybe, just maybe, the coach