Flyers v Devils

jenks33

Sobering evening. Lordo obviously has a track record of sticking by players which is commendable but this can’t go on. We’re into November now and we are certainly one of the poorer teams in the league at the moment. What’s concerning is we don’t look like a team that need a couple of tweaks, there’s a lot wrong at the moment.

moggy#9

I blame the ice & lack of physicalpity.
Well I've not seen that many games this season, but in those I have seen I've wondered what certain players are supposed to bring to the team. Too often bownsy has had to carry the team. With no credible backup, what happens when he gets injured or burnt out.

kingmo19.1

A few observations from me ...

1. Tonight, Jardine for sure wasn't responsible for any of the goals! (he didn't play).
2. Bownsy's save %age this season is shocking compared to his normal standard - is that his fault or is the D not protecting him?
3. I've scored as many league goals and Linglet as Martin this season ...... a big fat ZERO ! (Linglet ZERO in 9, Martin ZERO in 7).
4. Apart from Haddad, our high-end forwards are having a shocker in the league.
5. The so called faster and more physical team we were meant to believe this was is simply not true.
6. The proclaimed upgrades are downgrades at the moment (Reilly included).
7. Can we have Ulmer, Schiestel, Hedden & Morrissette back ?

Swarley

In fairness we do this every year. Come autumn we all doubt Lordos signings & have a massive fan melt down. Steve King writes something inspirational on the forum and we feel like fools for doubting Lordo. We go on long unbeaten run over winter, lift a trophy in Spring. It’s the Devils doing it the hard way, keep the faith.
This ^^

JC23

I have given up this season until something has changed, I will not attend another devils home game and have teams take the piss out of us with no retribution.

No matter who we are play we concede goals for fun and everyone will make excuses.
Bye for now
Byeeeee.

Wagstaff

A few observations from me ...

1. Tonight, Jardine for sure wasn't responsible for any of the goals! (he didn't play).
2. Bownsy's save %age this season is shocking compared to his normal standard - is that his fault or is the D not protecting him?
3. I've scored as many league goals and Linglet as Martin this season ...... a big fat ZERO ! (Linglet ZERO in 9, Martin ZERO in 7).
4. Apart from Haddad, our high-end forwards are having a shocker in the league.
5. The so called faster and more physical team we were meant to believe this was is simply not true.
6. The proclaimed upgrades are downgrades at the moment (Reilly included).
7. Can we have Ulmer, Schiestel, Hedden & Morrissette back ?
Shiestel is a no, sorry!
By all means try the others

august04

We may have done this before but the last two years we brought in Strachan and then Schiestel to steady the ship around this time of year. The ship is letting water in again and needs bailing out immediately.

jimmy snels

simply not good enough.
i agree with the sentiment around a few fancy pen shots and founiers charging fwd, both players leave us exposed hugely at the back. Rumour had it fournier was off in the offseason and only stayed for a girl which has since gone to pot. might explain his poor form. jardine although not playing tonight is not doing anywhere near enough and reddick is so lightweight. The D is simply to weak.
linglet i stand by has been awful. im not sure what the numbers are but i bet he is one of our highest paid and he just isnt doing anything. slow and disinterested.
marjamaki is not doing anything at the minute either. not hitting, taking dumb penalties and not scoring. he has got a lovely song we sing as well. id suggest he needs to earn that a bit more.
tactically lord needs to change some things around. you can't keep doing the same things and expect different results

Absolute stinker of a result, Cardiff seem like a team in a rut at the moment. Admittedly from only viewing highlights as I have been unable to view or attend a live game recently, whilst our d-corps seem unsteady team defense seems to be as much of an issue at the moment with poor forecheck, passing and tracking back from forwards. Seems to be common for opposition forwards to gain zone entry far too easily with too much time on the puck. Would those who have seen full games tend to agree with this or am I jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I'm not sure if we have under estimated the loss off two forwards who were extremely responsible defensively in Mo and Ulmer. We are also an ageing roster (I'd guess one of if not the oldest in the league) and it wouldnt be unrational to think we are struggling conditioning wise against younger rosters with a more congested fixture list from also.

Whilst I enjoy reading the views of the knowledgeable hockey fans on here I have never quite understood the reluctance to mention which players fans are referring to when criticising the team. Provided that criticism is based solely on performance whilst being balanced and not over the the top I would be curious as to which players people believe are underperforming etc and don't think it's unreasonable when discussing professional sport.

Mazzoak

I‘m suggesting nothing at this stage. I’ve asked a simple, impersonal question to which I’m still awaiting a reply. Come on Devilsatw, what’s the answer?
l know.

It’s it’s relevance l was mocking. Are you suggest that watching less games to others makes an opinion less worthy. That it makes a person less of a fan.
l can tell you for fact, in professional sport, an opinion and reaction are made pretty quickly. Unless your Lord, he prefers to rely on players to up their performance.

jimmy snels

Absolute stinker of a result, Cardiff seem like a team in a rut at the moment. Admittedly from only viewing highlights as I have been unable to view or attend a live game recently, whilst our d-corps seem unsteady team defense seems to be as much of an issue at the moment with poor forecheck, passing and tracking back from forwards. Seems to be common for opposition forwards to gain zone entry far too easily with too much time on the puck. Would those who have seen full games tend to agree with this or am I jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I'm not sure if we have under estimated the loss off two forwards who were extremely responsible defensively in Mo and Ulmer. We are also an ageing roster (I'd guess one of if not the oldest in the league) and it wouldnt be unrational to think we are struggling conditioning wise against younger rosters with a more congested fixture list from also.

Whilst I enjoy reading the views of the knowledgeable hockey fans on here I have never quite understood the reluctance to mention which players fans are referring to when criticising the team. Provided that criticism is based solely on performance whilst being balanced and not over the the top I would be curious as to which players people believe are underperforming etc and don't think it's unreasonable when discussing professional sport.
i agree with you on all of this. what a good post

CaldicotDevil

We may have done this before but the last two years we brought in Strachan and then Schiestel to steady the ship around this time of year. The ship is letting water in again and needs bailing out immediately.
True, however imo Strachan was a freak signing. We wouldn’t of been able to get any where near a player of his standard if it wasn’t for his contacts with the club.

Think we missed a trick with Yann Sauve. Really liked him at the Panthers. Surprised he signed for Grenoble, thought he would’ve got higher offers.

Wannabe2

Sobering evening. Lordo obviously has a track record of sticking by players which is commendable but this can’t go on. We’re into November now and we are certainly one of the poorer teams in the league at the moment. What’s concerning is we don’t look like a team that need a couple of tweaks, there’s a lot wrong at the moment.
This I reckon is spot on, there is obviously a lot wrong at the moment, everyone I talk to are bored shitless, we seem to have players that don’t want to be here. Flyers players I think have been told if you want to stay here you need to buck up, as Their coach has been pretty pissed off, and this is how they have responded, I have watched fife a few times this season, and they have been poor but obviously don’t want to be gassed, I knew we were going to feel the backlash of this, and we are certainly not strong enough to cope with it. With my rose coloured glasses on we need some changes, not one but some changes, we don’t need any if we are content to be just in the middle mix, but this most certainly is not a championship winning team, we have conceeded as many goals as we have scored, meaning we are pretty poor in both ends of the ice,Giants have played one more game than us, and scored 4 more goals, and conceeded nine less, says it all really. Summing it up briefly we don’t score regulary, we conceed regulary, and we hit once in a blue moon, without being nasty that ain’t good one bit. Now no one wants to come on here knocking the team, why would we, they are our life, maybe they mean more to us, than what we mean to them, that’s certainly what it seems like. I hate being negative to the club I have loved since game one, but I can’t say I feel, what I don’t feel, and that hurts right down to the groin. Can this awesome club turn these poor times around, I certainly hope so,and hope they ram these words as far up my rump as they can, it’s not nice being negative, but it also not nice being cheesed off either.