Flames Vs Devils - Sat 29 Sept - CC

terry hunt

Evan Ritt in 3 games he has 25 PIM.Looks like a young nobody trying to make a name for himself.
Lets not lose a class player to this bloke send the Dr after him.
That great ref Hogarth in charge.

kettdevil1

Another superb advert for the EIHL, bar some..... eccentric..... refereeing by Mr Hogarth, I think nobody could have left the Spectrum anything other than satisfied with the fare on show. The Flames hustled us from the start and that created a scrappy, fast paced game that we gradually grew into and despite another early blip in the third, we eased away.

Special merits to Batchy who had a superb game both at the back and marauding up front. Linglet who looked absolutely unplayable for large stretches, Martin who was just Joey Martin and Hedden who continues to impress. Bar the horror show goal at the start of the third, every goal was textbook and the Martin - Linglet - Martin goal was a thing of beauty.

Also pleased that Louis stepped in after a horrible hit on Fournier, good decision making as it prevented any escalation.

Wednesday and today were my first two live games of the season and I am struggling to remember two better back to back games. This was hockey at its best.