Flames Vs Devils - League - 5th Dec 21

kettdevil1

Some interesting comments…. VERY defensive game where both teams are playing high quality D but struggling to break down the opposition. The goal was the one moment of quality and the worry is that it will give Flames the belief that their high tempo, aggressive forechecking can be sustained.

I thought I heard a whistle before our ‘goal’ so no surprise it was washed out.

No shortage of effort here but as ever we struggle when met with this D formation … the good news is that Flames are having the same issue.

Last period could get very interesting indeed if frustrations continue to boil up

Rhyan48

Hmmm actually I disagree. Flames had offered nothing other than powder puff shots up to that moment. I would have suggested Devils were the more likely but…. I guess we all see the game differently
Flames have nothing to offer but are winning we have nothing to offer and carnt score again that proves my point rite there they have scored we haven’t

kettdevil1

Flames have nothing to offer but are winning we have nothing to offer and carnt score again that proves my point rite there they have scored we haven’t
That’s NHL network level analysis :) As I say, we all are seeing the game differently and your view of the game so far is one perspective ….

jenks33

I appreciate we all see games differently and shots on goal certainly isn’t important in some games. Being heavily out shot in most games though is concerning to me. If you look at the best teams in every league around the world they don’t get outshot game after game. I’ve also said this after we’ve won games. I’m sorry but when Belfast took over in the 2nd and 3rd period last week and ended up with nearly 50 shots on Carruth that is a concern in my book. That is getting away with it. They had plenty of decent chances as well.

rolf

Exciting and VERY niggly game ….. Carruth offered out the Flames NM during one of the mass scrums that have dominated the game. Two teams on the edge tonight, both look very frustrated and this has the potential to explode
AND ON THE Road.....talk about repaying your own fans with memorable performances. It is like home games are training sessions to me

Hockeymad

Carruth needs to calm down.

Every period he wants a fight or push and shove people.

Him doing exactly that has cost us a goal 2.0 flames.

A few sackings coming imo.

I'm not surprised I called it a while back.

moggy#9

I don't expect any sackings, just the usual platitudes from Todd and the happy clappers.

Mazzoak

He had a reputation before coming to us, l love a fight between netties though.......

Hockeymad

Why? He's putting in more effort than the rest of the team seems to be doing, I'd be livid if my defence kept messing up and leaving me hung out like he's been hung out constantly by our defence.
He's a great goalie no doubt.

But he always wants to fight. He got anger problems.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone but his anger needs sorting

jenks33

No, the only thing that surprises me is that fans still expect a massive turn around in form or changes in the team........
So fans should just be happy with mediocrity all season? Once again Mazzoak you’re just happy Andrew Lord isn’t here. Some of us think differently