Flames Vs Devils - League - 5th Dec 21

tim78

Just watching the highlights and the Devils goal waived off is a tough one, considering Vallarands goal was given when you see his leg was between the Carruths pulling him out of position and that one was someones back is infront of the netminder but not in the crease.

bb1

A simple check of the forum would show it. I’m talking Andrew Lords era in IAW and towards the end of the BBT. The team were constantly being questioned, even to the point that it was suggested that players were being told they couldn’t get involved and weren’t allowed to stick up for the team - Borderleau and Louis were frequently mentioned - so yes that’s exactly what I’m saying. Not saying I agreed with what was being written. I’m saying that is what was called out on here. Take a look.
Apologies, I must have misunderstood your point. I though you said the 1st season under Lord we were bullied?!?! That 1st season we definitely were not.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Apologies, I must have misunderstood your point. I though you said the 1st season under Lord we were bullied?!?! That 1st season we definitely were not.
Think I got crossed wires too. Apologies. Totally agree, those names you rattled off would never see us getting bullied. Especially on that tiny ice pad!!

voth26

The stats are damning. No one has said it but signing ben davies instead of myres hasnt helped our size of net front present either. I have no idea why we went with such a small bunch
I said exactly the same thing, this is the smallest devils team I can remember. We've always had big power forwards who put themselves about, no disrespect to Cox, Sanford, Waller but they don't have the same impact

Everyone keeps mentioning the size of the forward group.. on paper we are 2cm shorter and 2kg lighter on average per player. We are also 2 years younger in age (all this is taken off elite prospects) I don't think the size would be as much of an issue in peoples eyes; if we still played the same tactics of dump/chase and cycling the puck.

moggy#9

My eyes do not lie. The forward group is considerably smaller than any devils team ive seen and its not like ive been watching for a couple of seasons. Elite prospects can say whatever it likes but we have no actual physical forward other than mcnally.
I would argue that what makes a difference is not their absolute size, but rather their relative physicality compared to the other teams. I wonder how that matches up.

Everyone keeps mentioning the size of the forward group.. on paper we are 2cm shorter and 2kg lighter on average per player. We are also 2 years younger in age (all this is taken off elite prospects) I don't think the size would be as much of an issue in peoples eyes; if we still played the same tactics of dump/chase and cycling the puck.
Without checking I’d say that if you take an average height of around 6”2’ on defence (and in goal maybe) our forward lines are going to be a fair bit smaller than the averages you’ve found and the same will probably apply in the weight department.