FIVE Match ban for Marsh

osh

Out of character, but can't argue with that. Would want a similar ban if it had happened to one of our guys.

KaneDevils

At 5-3 down and in the 3rd period, you don't really want your captain turning into stone cold steve Austin. It's hardly a check though is it? I think it's harsh. 3 games would suffice for me.

Gazza272

Banged to rights on this one I feel.

Is there any footage of the Quesnele hit that got no further punishment? as coventry fans even seemed to think he was nailed on to get a penalty.

voth26

Given the amount of reviews the food have done already, repeat offenders such as fitzy gets 1 game, this was marshs first and he gets more than all the rest, mosienko get 1 game for spearing, sarich get nothing for his check on batch. Thr precedent has been set for me. Not condoning it but treat everyone fairly

Have Hope#35

Definite ban... Slightly harsh to get 5 when compared to some of the other incidents this season! No need for it from Marsh as the game was done and you can see there's intent. I do wonder whether it was retribution for the hit on him that has been floating about on Twitter (although not sure if it was the same player involved) as it's not like Marsh!?

DevilDom

No doubt a deserved ban but 5 games seems excessive given the bans given out for other incidents by DOPS this year. I'm thinking 1 game for spear to the neck, 2 games for slashing an opponent when on the ice and 5 games for Noble for repeat offence. Also when you consider nothing given Quesnele for definite contact with the head of Culligan in just makes it look even harsher.

The next step for DOPS to improve further is to provide explanations when no further action given.

jimmy snels

Worst check to the head by a mile this season. At speed, blind side, only point of contact and raised himself to make it. Deserved a big ban and to say otherwise is just rose tinted im afraid.
More concerning is our captain who has arguably been our weakest player, has made that hit at 4 down and left us short benched for the Scotland 3 in 3 series. Way to go skip! :DWD :DWD :DWD

Really sensible move by the team even if we are not successful with the appeal this frees marsh up for matches this weekend which is going to be tough on the whole team

Really sensible move by the team even if we are not successful with the appeal this frees marsh up for matches this weekend which is going to be tough on the whole team