FIVE Match ban for Marsh

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
Nice move Devils this is exactly what Steelers, Panthers, Giants would have done in our situation.
Exactly - play the game the same as the others would.

Personally still think 5 games is harsh for a first offence given the bans DOPS has given so far this season.

Ocko

I don't think it is his first offence. Sure he was banned last year, under DOPS, for a check from behind. I could be wrong though...

DevilDom

Ocko said:
I don't think it is his first offence. Sure he was banned last year, under DOPS, for a check from behind. I could be wrong though...
I don't recall that but this is a new season with a new incarnation of DOPS anyway.

Have Hope#35

Yes people will look at us from outside the Club and think "They're just playing the System" and if we are then it's only what the other teams would have done! But regardless as to whether or not we're playing the system or whether we actually think we can get it reduced I feel it's the right move.
I personally thought we should have appealed it anyway... Not because I don't think it's a bad hit as it clearly is. It most definitely warrants a few Match's, maybe even 5? But when this hit only gets 1 Match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s_RUoA3Mvk I find myself asking how Marsh's hit is worthy of 4 more Match's than this? Both are horrible hits but Lidhammar's has ultimately set the precedent that we compare other DOPS Bans to! It all comes down to CONSISTENCY...

Devil_Abroad

Maybe because Marsh came from the side after he'd shot the puck and therefore was more vulnerable? Just guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

jimmy snels said:
Worst check to the head by a mile this season. At speed, blind side, only point of contact and raised himself to make it. Deserved a big ban and to say otherwise is just rose tinted im afraid.
More concerning is our captain who has arguably been our weakest player, has made that hit at 4 down and left us short benched for the Scotland 3 in 3 series. Way to go skip! :DWD :DWD :DWD
So what's your opinion on the check to marsh's head area earlier in the game by mosely I think it was, that Hogarth looked at and just skated away. No one is condoning marsh's hit but he's having more crap off Devils fans than noble did for his low hit on hudson

jimmy snels

The "hit" by mosey was not in the same league im afraid. Was definitely a penalty no doubt at all. But that was from the front for a start so marsh seen it coming, was a slower speed and to be honest was never going to give marsh concussion! That noble hit got him a 5 game ban. Deserved it as hudson could have broken a leg it was that ridiculous. But IMO marsh's hit was in the same ball park if not worse as it was blatantly targeting a prone player who couldn't see it coming, at speed and raised up to make contact.
The reason marsh is having "crap" is because he's been arguably our weakest player all season, made a terrible decision and then got the CLUB a 5 games playing short handed. He wears the C, lead by example. Im sure he regretted it almost immediately but its to late.