First Game in Nearly 20 Years

Thread starter #1
Hi guys. Used to be a regular (when the ice rink was next to the Toys R Us). Live in Wakefield now and was seriously considering going to Sheffield next week to watch the Devils again.

Where do away fans get their tickets from? Don't want to be sat with the home fans

TheStub

There is a clear away block, but you can't buy from there online. But if you phone, and ask to sit with away fans, they are usually capable of sorting you out.

Most the fans sit lower tier. But, to be honest buy your ticket in the vague area and there is usually a free choice of seats...not enough fans to make the difference.

Thread starter #3
Thanks for that. Am actually really excited about going now. Was there for the very first year with 17-0 wins and away days in Deeside, Slough and Solihull. The days of John Lawless, Steve Moria and Shannon Hope. Gave me one of the greatest days of my life with the penalty Shootout win at Wembley against Edinburgh.

Thankfully the kids are wanting to come with me. Hope that the rules haven't changed since I last went.

Wannabe2

Great to hear from you mate, hope you and your family are good, once a Devils fan, well you know what i mean, One thing that has never changed is that watching the Devils is a pure thrill, so have a blast, and enjoy the trip down memory lane,

TheStub

If you are struggling to work out what rules the ref is enforcing at any point, you are in the same group as the rest of us... the reffing hasn't improved :lol:

Thread starter #10
Plexiglass???? What a shame, I once got into a huge arguement with an opposition player when his glove got caught between the netting and the mesh. Went to retrieve it for him before it fell to the ground. He lost his cool with me thinking that I did it deliberately so gave him short shrift. Happy Days :D

Used to love standing in the corner by the entrance, we were the British Rail Posse :twisted:

I used to go all thoes years ago as well, only got back into the game at the end of last season now have 3girls who enjoyed the game as much as myself and they are all looking forward to the new season to start. I nearly got hit by flying pucks in thoes days as we sat by the DJ stand and penalty box so there was no netting, as the previous person said the refs are no better but the fans are all still as commited.