First fight of the new season

voth26

Thread starter #1
Just a bit of fun, but who do people think will have the first fight and how soon into the season. Im going for either Hendo or Batchy in either the Blaze preseason, or by the 4/5th game.

Devil94

Will be interesting to see how the Brest games go. Don't expect it to be too rough as the two clubs are starting to build a partnership, but wasn't there a similar idea when Esjberg came to town?!

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
Brest play in the 2nd tier in France, like to think we are firm favourites for these games.
Spot on wannabe. The top French tier is inferior to the EIHL let alone the second. It's a professional league so above EPL but considerably lower than the EIHL. I guess it's comparable to the old BNL.

rocketbob

Ocko said:
Wannabe2 said:
Brest play in the 2nd tier in France, like to think we are firm favourites for these games.
Spot on wannabe. The top French tier is inferior to the EIHL let alone the second. It's a professional league so above EPL but considerably lower than the EIHL. I guess it's comparable to the old BNL.
I have a friend who follows that division (he is a Dijon fan) and he is not massively impressed with Brest, but that might just be the rivalry talking. They do have a LOT more homegrown players in their sides than seen in the EIHL. Either way it should make an interesting change and hopefully a less eventful one than against Esjberg.

wildthing74

I would happily trade for GB to be at the level their national team is although I heard they use lots of dual nationals which I'm glad we haven't gone that route.

I can't see it being like Eisberg and all that was caused by a muppet ex Steeler who's one cowardly action set the tone for the rest of the match.

Can't wait to see European hockey in Cardiff and hopefully this will be the case pre season from now on just like the old days.

rocketbob

wildthing74 said:
I would happily trade for GB to be at the level their national team is although I heard they use lots of dual nationals which I'm glad we haven't gone that route.

I can't see it being like Eisberg and all that was caused by a muppet ex Steeler who's one cowardly action set the tone for the rest of the match.

Can't wait to see European hockey in Cardiff and hopefully this will be the case pre season from now on just like the old days.
+1

Also, maybe we should rename them Iceberg after what happened in our Titanic-like season after meeting them. :DWD

wildthing74 said:
Indeed! And the rest of the season too! I often wonder how everything would've panned out had we not played them in pre season!

Finny

shoes_off said:
wildthing74 said:
Indeed! And the rest of the season too! I often wonder how everything would've panned out had we not played them in pre season!
You could argue that we'd still have Ragan and Pope in charge if we hadn't.

Finny

My French isn't great, but I think Brest are in the French top division. Albeit one of the weaker teams and will probably be fighting relegation.