Finnerty vs Carlson

Thread starter #1
I know this may be a long shot but i just finnished watching the highlights of the Devils vs Blaze game at the tent the other day and i was wondering if anyone had any idea why finnerty was so miffed at carlson? Did anyone else see something i didnt? Good game nonetheless

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
I know this may be a long shot but i just finnished watching the highlights of the Devils vs Blaze game at the tent the other day and i was wondering if anyone had any idea why finnerty was so miffed at carlson? Did anyone else see something i didnt? Good game nonetheless
I wasn't ther but Finny's report (which is always excellent) said the following:-

a minute later Finnerety decided he had had enough of Carlson leading with his stick and cross-checking players into the net from behind. After slashing him at the face-off, Finnerty then dropped the gloves and proceeded to give Carlson one hell of a beating. I'm not sure Carlson deserved/earned the 5 minutes for fighting penalty as I can't remember him throwing a punch. He went off with a cut to the face and I can't remember whether he played any further part in the game, but Finnerty definately didn't as he picked up 2+2+5+10 and was given an early shower and rest.
:eek:

Wannabe2

Carlson cross checked one of the Devils players into the metal work of the goal, it was a very nasty check which the ref ignored, Finnerty to me done the right thing and beat the crap out of him, sending the message that we aint going to take that of anyone. Carlson has a habit of commiting these cheap shots, and rightly paid for it, well played Finny a captains reply big time.

zoesdevil

Carlson should of had 2 minutes extra for slashing aswell as he slashed Finnerty at the face-off too from wot I saw that's why I thought Finnerty reacted and went after him!! Maybe I'm wrong!!

Koop11

Carlson, as ever, was very stick happy and started taking a few liberties during the game. He deserved a pasting and that is exactly what Finnerty dished out. Credit to him.

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
Carlson cross checked one of the Devils players into the metal work of the goal, it was a very nasty check which the ref ignored
I think it was Richardson he did this to. It was very blatant, so i'm surprised it wasn't called.

Wannabe2

DevilDom said:
Wannabe2 said:
Carlson cross checked one of the Devils players into the metal work of the goal, it was a very nasty check which the ref ignored
I think it was Richardson he did this to. It was very blatant, so i'm surprised it wasn't called.
Yep spot on it was Richardson, and Carlson got what he deserved.