Finnerty not returning to Clan

Samael

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gerad ends up there too given his cryptic remarks about his coaching CV earlier on in the season. I also found it interesting he was approached by the EIHL prior to the challenge cup final this year for comments. If he does end up coaching the clan I hope he does very well, except against us.

ASHIPP

Wouldn't be surprised to see several clubs making coaching changes this off season - but sometimes it just ends up being 'musical chairs' i.e. a coach moving to another Elite League club rather than someone new coming into the league. Any team getting G as their coach will have landed a gem - whether he decides to return to the sport he loves after the disgraceful ways he has been treated, is another matter altogether.

BostonBart22

Not at all surprised at the news, maybe the owners will get sexy corey in from the panthers , same owners, as panthers could do with a change imo.

Samael

I wonder if Finnerty will end up at either Guildford or Milton Keynes? Reading the comments on the Clan forums their fans seem sorry to see him go (which I'm suprised at) but do think it's time for change (which I'm not surprised at). Conversely the spoilt brats on the cage are desperate to get Neilson out despite him winning a ton of trophies AND their one and only league title in about 500 years.

Wannabe2

Coventry, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Guildford I reckon would be after Gerard, I don't think he would go to Scotland, just my take. He has been a huge loss to the league, and as been already said someone would get a Gem.

JC23

Seen some talk on twitter of Riley Emmerson being a possible candidate...

Really liked what he did with a very small budget at Edinburgh.

Wagstaff

There were rumours going around Coventry that a certain Mr Finnerty had approached the Blaze management at our last home game v Braehead with a takeover proposal backed by himself and others, the rumour also said that he was turned down!

RedDevil17

Chuck Weber the ex Blaze coach could be in with a shout too. He won the playoffs with Coventry and has a good resume, Braehead would massively benefit from a new coach because they weren't the best this year due to their poor start. Hopefully Finnerty finds a new job soon because I may not like the bloke but it's never nice for anyone to be sacked.

ASHIPP

Read somewhere a while back (on THF?) that PI had either put up or were going to put up Storm and MKL for sale. Both teams needing new investment. Wonder if Finnerty involved there?

Ocko

It doesn't say who parted with who, along with Gareth Chalmers, Braehead GM, stating that the playoffs would have no bearing on Finnerty's position. Maybe Finnerty has an offer or interest elsewhere?

Gazza272

Chuck Weber the ex Blaze coach could be in with a shout too. He won the playoffs with Coventry and has a good resume, Braehead would massively benefit from a new coach because they weren't the best this year due to their poor start. Hopefully Finnerty finds a new job soon because I may not like the bloke but it's never nice for anyone to be sacked.

i think Chuck has a coaching gig in the AHL, if so i really can't see him leaving that to come to Braehead, especially as he has a young family.

kettdevil1

i think Chuck has a coaching gig in the AHL, if so i really can't see him leaving that to come to Braehead, especially as he has a young family.
Quite. He is Assistant at the Rochester Americans who, whilst not having a great season, are likely to be a much better prospect than the shopping centre....

RedDevil17

They could just appoint Hartmann as coach. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he used to be Edinburgh's player coach? He has experience in the EIHL and he would probably cost less and plus he did a good job at the capitals.