Final

jimmy snels

short sighted as hell as well. most likely people would buy a beer or some food whilst your there. pay that pumped up car park charge as well. buy sohb 50/50 tickets. perhaps a program. either way would rather save my money for an away day at 15 to watch a team not my own

Finny

short sighted as hell as well. most likely people would buy a beer or some food whilst your there. pay that pumped up car park charge as well. buy sohb 50/50 tickets. perhaps a program. either way would rather save my money for an away day at 15 to watch a team not my own
Not really sure how you worked out it was short-sighted?

A couple of days ago (before the discount sale) someone reckoned they had sold around 1700 tickets.
1700 x £22 = £37400
if they had taken your advice and sold the tickets at £5, even if they had sold all 3000 tickets that would only be £15000.

James

Administrator
Not strictly fair numbers as I assume we're talking about the flash sale discount not the general sale from the start. Therefore we are only dealing with the 1400 unsold seats, so extra money ontop of the already banked £37,400. However even then you'd need 3 times as many people to take advantage of the offer to make the lower price worthwhile

Imp

It’s an interesting situation to follow. I’m firmly in the ‘Hockey’ camp, it’s The Cup Final and I’ll go whenever I can spare the time and get a ticket, much like POFW.

The initial online ticket rush was the usual chaos and the system clearly couldn’t cope with what, is now clear, really wasn’t all that much demand. I find that aspect slightly disappointing, that the ticket system fell over dealing with less than half the traffic it faced last year and presumably would face again with Devils playing. It took most of a hour and multiple failed attempts to get tickets on the Monday morning.

That said, I don’t mind that they are now just looking for ways to fill the arena. Obviously I could get the tickets cheaper now, but for ‘worse’ seats, so swings and roundabouts there. More people (almost certainly) makes for a better atmosphere, and more ‘neutrals’ likely reflects well on The Devils when it comes to bidding for the event in future seasons.

Season Ticket holders are an obvious candidate if they are looking to pack out the stands over the last few days, as are the Junior teams (and their families).

Ultimately, it’s not that hard to pick a team during any game. Do you really want the Giants to win it ... AGAIN? Or maybe you have a long standing chip on your shoulder about that player on the Flames roster. Personally, it’s kinda therapeutic. I want that team to win, and that team to get annihilated, but I can switch sides mid-game if something happens and I’m (probably) not going to lose any sleep no matter which way it turns out.

And... by turning up, you are still supporting the Devils.

jimmy snels

A couple of days ago (before the discount sale) someone reckoned they had sold around 1700 tickets.
1700 x £22 = £37400
if they had taken your advice and sold the tickets at £5, even if they had sold all 3000 tickets that would only be £15000.
i think we all know what you did with the maths there. lets at least use numbers yhat actually reflect my post. half empty areana, half the food, drinks, 50/50 and car parking alone.

jimmy snels

Not strictly fair numbers as I assume we're talking about the flash sale discount not the general sale from the start. Therefore we are only dealing with the 1400 unsold seats, so extra money ontop of the already banked £37,400. However even then you'd need 3 times as many people to take advantage of the offer to make the lower price worthwhile
i dont think you would due to the substantial amount of other things bought at the rink/parking. But yes its not enough of a discount and now they will get a half empty rink and a crap advertisement for the league imho.

Rich Best

I would have thought Guildford would be bringing 1,000+ fans with such a short journey?! And perhaps Belfast are thinking it is a foregone conclusion, which is a dangerous assumption!

Gisland

I would have thought Guildford would be bringing 1,000+ fans with such a short journey?! And perhaps Belfast are thinking it is a foregone conclusion, which is a dangerous assumption!

What has you thinking Belfast are thinking it is a foregone conclusion? I for one would rate Guildford every bit as good on a one off game

Gisland

1700 x £22 = £37400

Have the DEVILS paid the EIHL a set fee for staging the final? Any idea what that might be?

pjj365

Thought the leauge paid for the arena and admin not the other way round

Though that Todd said (2 years ago at a Q&A) that it was the lowest bid from suitable arenas - may have misheard or misinterpreted

Earnie

I think what pjj365 said regarding Todd's comments is correct.
It could be that we were the only one to bid! (that is speculation)

Diafol

I'd probably say about half full though I'm useless at these sort of guesses.

It's a shame more people haven't turned up, it's been a great game so far with OT to come.