Fife Flyers v Cardiff Devils - 25/01/20 - League

Slartibartfast

Outstanding first period. Awful second period. Good third period. When the Devils stick to the game plan they are unstoppable. Player for player we have more skill than most teams in the league. If we ferociously forecheck like we did in the first and third we dominate the play. Their minds do seem to wander in the second though with less forechecking and players missing their assignments.
I was worried that we were going to have trouble scoring again but Joey Haddad came to the rescue as usual.
Once Fife were under pressure due to being behind and the Devils went back to the gameplan more goals came.
Nice to see a Fournier special. Haven't seen one for a while.
Gutted that I missed Linglets goal due to my stupid chromecast buffering.

Mazzoak

Would’ve like a shut out for Bowns, a loss at Fife was never on the cards, we’ve got issues, nothing short of CoronaVirus would’ve caused losing there.

jenks33

Outstanding first period. Awful second period. Good third period. When the Devils stick to the game plan they are unstoppable. Player for player we have more skill than most teams in the league. If we ferociously forecheck like we did in the first and third we dominate the play. Their minds do seem to wander in the second though with less forechecking and players missing their assignments.
I was worried that we were going to have trouble scoring again but Joey Haddad came to the rescue as usual.
Once Fife were under pressure due to being behind and the Devils went back to the gameplan more goals came.
Nice to see a Fournier special. Haven't seen one for a while.
Gutted that I missed Linglets goal due to my stupid chromecast buffering.
Like you i was also worried that we might struggle to get that third goal. It is a worry that once again we needed a moment of brilliance from Haddad to save us. And then a howler from Morrison in goal for the 4th.

osh

Having not watched the Devils ’live’ since November, I decided I would bring my business trip to Scotland forward in order to see the team in action at an away venue. Good win - any win in my book is a good win - albeit against a poor team, but you can only compete against who the opposition put in front of you and fortunately they weren’t that good.
There was a definite second period lapse in concentration - which seems to be a regular occurrence in many games of late, but why I wonder ? - 3rd period we seemed more up for it able to concentrate a bit more and get the result we needed. But, and very sadly there has to be a ‘but’. The team I watched tonight were a distinct shadow of the performances I saw from them pre November. The same individuals I saw coasting in November funnily enough seem to be still coasting and not helping team their mates who are giving it their all. Very proud to be a Devils supporter in a tough rink tonight where the home fans are always so passionate, loud and so deserving of better things for their club, they so remind me our our fans in the WNIR days.
I think the guy who prepared the vegan food for the Devils on t.v pre Panthers game last week would have put in more effort than some of our players tonight !

BostonBart22

Good win in the end and some good goals as well looks like linglet is back to his old self ..I blame our 2nd period showing down to jet lag..feel sorry for todd the fife coach he was so depressed in his interview as in previous weeks..looks like only 3 or 4 players are up to it for him..the others seem to have given up ready for the beach..

terry hunt

I think Linglet likes the line he is now on.
The 2nd line also looks good and the Brit 4th line is back together.
Pope is bossing his line so i am more positive now.