Feedback to Greenbank

Wannabe2

It's the best home we have ever had, now that may not say much about our past 2 homes, WNIR was great for its time, it's biggest asset being it was in the City Centre, it has awesome memories for us lot that's very true, but as a venue it wasn't great. The BBT served a huge purpose as it kept the club alive, if it hadn't been built, we were surely the next Durham Wasps, it was home again it had some great memories, but it was a complete dump in fairness. So we have IAW and it's the best by far, does it fall short, it sure does, and has been said some improvements could be cheap. Like all our other homes it's what we have, and it certainly is the best of the three.

Temme

Not sure this belongs here, but from day 1 the centre red line has made no sense in IAW.

It doesn't go through the logo, nor does it stop on the edge of the circle, it just kinda stops about 2ft in...

initially we were told it was painted only that far so that the logo could go on after, but a couple of re-paints later and it hasn't changed!

august04

Feedback from that fan council meeting with IAW would be welcome. Let's see if they've taken any notice of those forms we completed and if not, why not? Otherwise a pointless exercise.

Feedback from that fan council meeting with IAW would be welcome. Let's see if they've taken any notice of those forms we completed and if not, why not? Otherwise a pointless exercise.
Absolutely agree, also like the majority have stated more Devils memrobilia (sp) is needed, make it feel more like our home and maybe a little more intimidating to the opposition, it's far too plain.
Remember when Matt Myers rejoined us and they asked his opinion of the new facility and he said "it's very white", sums it up perfectly.

Doing a quick google you will see companies who's core business is running Ice Rinks and who are struggling and have been in decline for a number of years, my feed back to Greenbank, get your fingers out, asking fans to run your business is not a unique selling point, you need to get your game plan on sharpish as it's not just houses your gonna struggle to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a quickly when has Greenbank asked fans to run their business.???
Their request for fan feed back. The feed back comments l have read point to the running of the business, as an example lack of WiFi, cafe queues, no card payment facilities, no phone signal etc etc. Free WiFi is available in most places, even buses, not having it is ridiculous.A basic requirement of any food or drinks provider within an entertainment venue should be aware of the needs of the users, event times and food availability. You cannot be unaware of queues.

solelace84

The revenue they must be losing by not having a decent cafe or card machines just doesn't make any business sense! Even my local fruit and veg shop have a card machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoesdevil

The revenue they must be losing by not having a decent cafe or card machines just doesn't make any business sense! Even my local fruit and veg shop have a card machine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What may help is putting a few tea & coffee stands up stairs around the concourse, as a lot of fans just want hot drinks, this will hopefully cut down some of the queue during the period break!!

RedDevil17

If not having tea and coffee in the bar then just a couple vending machines will do to get coffee or whatever. Not everyone wants alcoholic drinks on a game night! Queues are horrendous it takes like 5 or 10 minutes just to get a hot dog in the mini bar in the corners! Hopefully they do listen to fan feedback though or at least we can hope.

Last edited:
Honestly these issues should be directed to whoever appointed Greenbank, why such an inept business was chosen to run the place.

Wannabe2

Okay they were contracted by Greenbank, the Arena belongs to Greenbank. When I said Greenbank built it, I didn't mean they laid the bricks.

Greenbank won the tender from Cardiff Council to develop and run an Ice Sports complex, the IAW being part of that development. Ultimately Greenbank won a tender to build far more than the IAW. As part of that tender process it should have demonstrated financial ability, competence etc etc to fulfil the tender requirements.

Have Hope#35

Greenbank won the tender from Cardiff Council to develop and run an Ice Sports complex, the IAW being part of that development. Ultimately Greenbank won a tender to build far more than the IAW. As part of that tender process it should have demonstrated financial ability, competence etc etc to fulfil the tender requirements.

Pretty sure Greenbank didn't win the tender for anything... they were the developers who submitted the planning application for the scheme! As part of that application the council set them a condition that the Ice Rink must be provided before they could complete all the housing. That doesn't mean to say they are any good at running a rink but they wouldn't have been chosen or screened by the Council!

Pretty sure Greenbank didn't win the tender for anything... they were the developers who submitted the planning application for the scheme! As part of that application the council set them a condition that the Ice Rink must be provided before they could complete all the housing. That doesn't mean to say they are any good at running a rink but they wouldn't have been chosen or screened by the Council!
I've copied this from Wiki.

Cardiff Council had named the operator Planet Ice as the company they had chosen to build a new ice rink to replace the Cardiff Arena, which is a temporary structure in the Cardiff International Sports Village. Work was due to begin in early 2011, subject to planning, with the ice arena to be completed by February 2012. Planet Ice would have run the rink as well as design and build it.[1]

However, by July 2011, Cardiff Council said in statement "We were unable to find the comfort that we required from them to show the ice rink would now be progressed. As a result it is being recommended that the executive cancels the current tender. Instead it is proposed to deliver a new ice arena, as a priority, within a new waterfront tender which would go out this summer."[2] The contract to build the arena was eventually won by the Wigan-based developers, Greenbank Partnerships. The cost of the arena is approximately £16 – £17 million and will form part of a larger £250M development, which will include a 32-storey indoor ski slope which will contain a hotel and apartments, and viewing platform. The development will also contain cafes, shops, office space, apartments and townhouses.[3]