Faryna Leaves

Gazza272

1) He's currently over a point a game
2) He's Glasgow's 2nd highest point scorer.
3) He has 22 points, only 3 of our players have more.
4) "He's pug ugly" this is all subjective. I've been called pug ugly many times. Well, replace 'pug' with....... you catch my drift.
5) He has 2 fights this year. TWO. Mark Louis has 4.
6) Gratton played 86 NHL games. This is 43x what our ENTIRE ROSTER has played.

Somehow i think he's an alright player.

Gratton has got obvious natural ability. For me, he's just that tad too slow for what would be a 4th line role on our team, I'm not sure he would bring the energy to the role that it needs in the same way Bordy did.

bb1

Why the hell cant some just post things relevant to the topic other than crap to lure reactions.

This forum should be about discussion and not insults. Fine if people disagree with what each other say but to start insulting and calling people liars etc....its school yard stuff.

We are on all here because we are passionate fans but let's just respect what each and everyone says and debate and not insult.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular because everyone has done it a bit no doubt.

C'mon guys we are all on here for the cause.

backrow

While almost all teams would love to add another skilled player and scorer, the reality is that only so many players end up getting coveted power play time. A team is really fortunate to have genuine team first players that are willing to play any role that they are asked to; 3rd line, 4th line, checking role, penalty killing and even defense to help the team win. It sure makes coaching a little easier!

ASHIPP

So I guess it's time for Steve King to come on the forum then. By the way, I think historically I've commented on here MORE when things are tough than when times are good. Just saying. I certainly don't hide from anything...the least of which being slumps from a hockey team.

As for the situation at hand, I can guarantee you that the departures of the three players are 100% unrelated to each other and 100% unrelated to the Cardiff Devils. It is not my place to comment for Justin but as the release said, he was forced to go home for family reasons outside of his control. Extremely unfortunate but you have to respect his priorities. So difficult to walk away from the game that you've loved your entire life.

Someone mentioned this as a rallying point for the boys. I said that exact thing to Lordo when I was told the news about Justin. This group of players really care. They've had some struggles with their focus over the last month for a myriad of reasons. Hopefully this is the kind of event that can remove any outside distractions and bind them together with the single goal of winning another championship.

Bollig is now retired, Gazdic just signed with San Diego. We tried. We'll keep looking for a good replacement but I fully believe that our current group can do it.

Let's go Devils!
As always, a classy post from Steve.

ASHIPP

Once in while, a player comes along who has a special connection with the fanbase (like Joey Martin) - Justin was one of those players. A heart and soul, absolute true Cardiff Devil playing in the same mould as Andrew Lord. He will be missed terribly but his reasons for going are private and will be respected. Whatever happens in the future, wishing Justin, Kelsey and little Noah all the very best.

Yes, the Panthers' fans can scoff all they like at our admiration for Justin - perhaps they can put it into context by thinking about their memories of Jordan Fox and David Ling?

Wagstaff

Regards kemp you don't lose an equipment manager mid season before replacing him it's a big job so him leaving before a replacement is gotten is odd ...faryna going similar time ....coincidence or not reasons behind it ......!!..........In regards sports things happen all the times at every club and things move on people move and we bring more in we will be fine just support the team
Mick Kemp twitter statement

drainage

Justin is a great guy both on and off the ice, speculating on why he left adds no value , I would have loved him to stay but he’s left ........plenty of popular players have left maybe not mid season but leave they did. For me getting behind a team that’s had a fairly rough time is the thing we should do now

tim78

Really missing a watching an absolute legend play on the ice, someone who played with heart and soul.

All the best Justin

Rich Best

So I guess it's time for Steve King to come on the forum then. By the way, I think historically I've commented on here MORE when things are tough than when times are good. Just saying. I certainly don't hide from anything...the least of which being slumps from a hockey team.

As for the situation at hand, I can guarantee you that the departures of the three players are 100% unrelated to each other and 100% unrelated to the Cardiff Devils. It is not my place to comment for Justin but as the release said, he was forced to go home for family reasons outside of his control. Extremely unfortunate but you have to respect his priorities. So difficult to walk away from the game that you've loved your entire life.

Someone mentioned this as a rallying point for the boys. I said that exact thing to Lordo when I was told the news about Justin. This group of players really care. They've had some struggles with their focus over the last month for a myriad of reasons. Hopefully this is the kind of event that can remove any outside distractions and bind them together with the single goal of winning another championship.

Bollig is now retired, Gazdic just signed with San Diego. We tried. We'll keep looking for a good replacement but I fully believe that our current group can do it.

Let's go Devils!
Thanks Steve. We appreciate all you guys do very greatly.

Love the team this year and love that our 'slumps' these days still see us within a couple of points of the top.

jimmy snels

on the subject of characters to replace him i noticed Duncan Siemens is still without a club. he's a real gamer although a D man we could move mosey forward.