Faryna Leaves

DevilDom

Thank you Steve for taking the time to comment again. If this is a tough time we really are blessed - we are 3rd place in the table with games in hand, well placed after the first leg of the quarter final of the challenge cup and are still able to ice a full roster of imports alongside our fantastic Brits.

I loved Faryna as a player - he will be missed but nobody is bigger than the team and I’m sure the right decisions will be made with regards a replacement.

Just a thought for all the conspiracy theorists - we have been extremely fortunate over the last 4-5 years with recruitment, injuries & player retention. The way the club is managed obviously plays a huge part in this. So this season we’ve had a couple of bumps along the way but that happens in sport. We still have a very good team with some amazing players that most teams in the league would love on their roster.

So, let’s get behind the boys (starting with tonight) and show them we are with them and give them a lift when they need it.

Wannabe2

Thank you Steve for taking the time to comment again. If this is a tough time we really are blessed - we are 3rd place in the table with games in hand, well placed after the first leg of the quarter final of the challenge cup and are still able to ice a full roster of imports alongside our fantastic Brits.

I loved Faryna as a player - he will be missed but nobody is bigger than the team and I’m sure the right decisions will be made with regards a replacement.

Just a thought for all the conspiracy theorists - we have been extremely fortunate over the last 4-5 years with recruitment, injuries & player retention. The way the club is managed obviously plays a huge part in this. So this season we’ve had a couple of bumps along the way but that happens in sport. We still have a very good team with some amazing players that most teams in the league would love on their roster.

So, let’s get behind the boys (starting with tonight) and show them we are with them and give them a lift when they need it.
Amen to that post, spot on. Now let’s get on with winning hockey games, we are all in this together, and we all have our roles to play, so let’s make some noise tonight and cheer our lads on/

august04

The reaction from the team will be interesting to see. Hopefully, they’ll come out all guns blazing against Guildford. If they come out passive though, it could be a long night. We’ve had plenty of problems with Guildford when they’ve forechecked like crazy. It’s time to stamp our own authority on these types of games.

bb1

Looking at clips of Tanner Glass online, he is EXACTLY the type of character I feel we need. Hard as nails, big hitter and willing to stand up for his team mates. In essence a player with a big character and tons of experience. A potential crowd favourite.
Sill is in exactly the same mould as Glass. Both would raise the roof on the Viola arena

hip check

Still finding it difficult coming to terms with this news, for me he opitomised what hockey is all about, he's not the fastest skater, not blessed with silky smooth skills, but for commitment, passion, work rate, intensity, teamwork, courage and toughness he's top dollar, I'd gladly have a team full of Justin Faryna's.
I'm gonna miss this guy.

Kevlar68

Are the leagues Sill and Glass are playing in good leagues? The teams are 6th & 4th in their leagues so why may they join us? They seem to be getting plenty of ice time with their teams also from what i can see on Elite prospects.

Wannabe2

Still finding it difficult coming to terms with this news, for me he opitomised what hockey is all about, he's not the fastest skater, not blessed with silky smooth skills, but for commitment, passion, work rate, intensity, teamwork, courage and toughness he's top dollar, I'd gladly have a team full of Justin Faryna's.
I'm gonna miss this guy.
Totally agree, it’s not easy to lose a player that was a Devil through and through, cut Justin and he would bleed red, I too would take a team full of Faryna’s 6 days a week, and twice on a Sunday.

bb1

Are the leagues Sill and Glass are playing in good leagues? The teams are 6th & 4th in their leagues so why may they join us? They seem to be getting plenty of ice time with their teams also from what i can see on Elite prospects.
Glass is playing in France and Sill in the Czech league.

France is generally a place to go for more lifestyle for some of these former nhler's and imo our leagues top teams are stronger than those in the french league. Not sure if he is helping out with the coaching there however.

The czech league however is a strong league but Sill isnt really lighting it up there with 3 pts in 24 games however he is a character guy. Plus he may be getting plenty of £££.

Strangely Mark Fraser is playing in Slovakia which suprises me as many have complained about the standard of accommodation etc.... players have to put up with there.

These are the types of guys who would certainly help fill the arena with their styles of play. Proper team first guys and leaders.

bb1

I would have certainjly taken a guy like Josh Gratton at the start of the season. Hes over a point a game for the Clan. Impressive guy who is again a team 1st guy.

KaneDevils

Nobody mentioned, plenty in agreement. Worse has been said inc name tagging. Yet you say nothing to them? I only speak the truth! Saying things have been sour fir a long time? Our owner himself declares untrue. So yup. Total dross.

James

Administrator
Kane feel free to PM me if you want to continue the discussion once again. All we're asking is posters be civil. There is a polite way to say 'with respect everything you are saying is total rubbish.' yet you continually post in the most antagonistic way possible. Don't change what you are saying, change the way you say it.

Temme

I can't stand Gratton. He's just a thug and pug ugly!!!!
1) He's currently over a point a game
2) He's Glasgow's 2nd highest point scorer.
3) He has 22 points, only 3 of our players have more.
4) "He's pug ugly" this is all subjective. I've been called pug ugly many times. Well, replace 'pug' with....... you catch my drift.
5) He has 2 fights this year. TWO. Mark Louis has 4.
6) Gratton played 86 NHL games. This is 43x what our ENTIRE ROSTER has played.

Somehow i think he's an alright player.