Faryna Leaves

kingmo19.1

Parisi, Blood and Faryna! That’s the only threepeat we’ll see this season!

Disappointed that phrase was ever mentioned by some influential people. Totally disrespectful to the opposition.

Gazza272

Parisi, Blood and Faryna! That’s the only threepeat we’ll see this season!

Disappointed that phrase was ever mentioned by some influential people. Totally disrespectful to the opposition.

Why is it disrespectful for us to want to win the league 3 years in a row?

Gazza272

Coining such a phrase then publicising it isn’t great form is it! Imagine the hierarchy at Man Utd/Man City/Liverpool coming out with that garbage. It’s almost at Simms level.

It's just a play on the word Repeat, it's just a simple little hashtag designed to say we want to win the league again, I really can't see how saying you want to win the league again is in anyway offensive? or akin to a simms esque catastrophe.

i mean it's a long way from homophobic remarks isnt it? Which is Simms level in the past.

If you don't like it, then that's cool each to their own. But a long long way from Offensive for my money. It's not even aimed at another team, it's just a little thing to say 'let's win it three times'

What would you have put instead?

James

Administrator
I'm pretty sure the hashtag #winItAll was used a number of years when we actually won the sum total of naff all. Desire to win in a competitive sports team is hardly hubris

kingmo19.1

You only have to pin that statement on the opposition changing room wall and there is all the motivation you need! Perhaps that’s what been happening ????

Imagine if Steelers had coined it - the whole league would be calling them arrogant and dismissive.

Rempel16

You only have to pin that statement on the opposition changing room wall and there is all the motivation you need! Perhaps that’s what been happening ????

Imagine if Steelers had coined it - the whole league would be calling them arrogant and dismissive.
Belfast coined such a phrase a few years back #thisisouryear
What happened? They won the league in January. The opposition were obviously walking past the statement on the wall.

CaldicotDevil

At a guess i'd say this is health or even injury related.

That's now us - Nottingham - Coventry all looking for replacement forwards...
I’ve heard he’s had 2/3 bad concussions since signing for the Devils which isn’t surprising considering his style of play and willingness to drop the gloves.

He might’ve thought he couldn’t play hockey without his aggressive edge. Or maybe he just wanted to have a few years out to assess his head injury, if he publicly announce he has a head injury then he’ll struggle for insurance if he ever plays again. Only Justin will really know.

Gazza272

WE used #repeat all last year, didn't do us any harm.

is it the use of the word 'three' that you find particularly disrespectful?

kristian

With all due respect its been used all season. Why bring it up now. Was used when I could have played in goal for us let 10 in and still won by a bus full.

And going off topic

Wannabe2

The threepeat was used years ago by John Lawless, and used often, don’t see the problem really, it certainly isn’t offensive in anyway.

Hockeymad

I can see the devils signing a big named player with in the next week!

This will get the fans going along with the players and push us on for the title,

kingmo19.1

We used the "repeat" phrase all of last season. Stop looking for problems where there aren't any.
That’s the whole point - this isn’t a problem in the eyes of the beloved devils fans and hierarchy - but if the Steelers had been doling out such garbage you’d be on it like a shot!