Faryna Leaves

BostonBart22

WOW....gutted i just got up read about JF and thought i was dreaming, now its a NIGHTMARE, good luck JF what ever the problem is, will miss his song bigtime...

KaneDevils

Bad news, as losing a top player always is, but irreplaceable? Get a grip. Seriously, the amount of dross from some of you is bordering embarrassing. I'm not too sure what happened with parisi, a better offer right at the death? Blood had an offer he simply couldn't refuse, and JF leaves after injury trouble. We shall see if he signs with a team anytime soon, my guess is he won't. To suggest something is wrong at the club is nuts. Its sport. It happens.

As per norm, Rolf, I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

Mazzoak

I wish Justin and his family all the best in the future, your time here is certainly appreciated.
Now we look forward, now we await a replacement and hopefully it’s one that will slot into the current structure. With a bit of luck he’ll bring some stability into these “lines”, the more the weeks pass the more I’m thinking this squad may have been selected using a tómbola.
Someone mention Bordeleau, hmmmm, I’d have him back, without the leash though. Never going to happen.
Someone mention Lord playing, if only he could, I doubt he’s match fit though , probably lost some sharlness, certainly would be hungry for a game. I’m not fully convinced he’s coach material, certainly knows the game, what player of his calibre wouldn’t. The more l see him in his suit, the more l see someone hungry to play, he’s not a suit guy, he certainly looks awkward wearing one. Not every ex player can coach, the more time goes by the more it could become apparent. He’s certainly had the budget, certainly has a lot of contacts who’ve been actively recommending players over the years.
Should be an interesting few months, can’t wait.........

James

Administrator
Bad news, as losing a top player always is, but irreplaceable? Get a grip. Seriously, the amount of dross from some of you is bordering embarrassing. I'm not too sure what happened with parisi, a better offer right at the death? Blood had an offer he simply couldn't refuse, and JF leaves after injury trouble. We shall see if he signs with a team anytime soon, my guess is he won't. To suggest something is wrong at the club is nuts. Its sport. It happens.

As per norm, Rolf, I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
Please can you refrain from insulting other forum users. It's not that hard.
http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/forum/...not-to-complain-a-message-to-all-users.11388/

kingmo19.1

But it’s Devils fans on here, and as you say it’s not a problem.
Loads of fans from other clubs look at this forum and loads see this threepeat rubbish on social media! Like I said, if Steelers has been throwing that phrase around we’d have been all over it as demeaning, belittling and arrogant. Just because we’re having out time in the limelight doesn’t mean we should treat the league with disdain (as I’ve heard a few fans say from other teams).

august04

I wish Justin and his family all the best in the future, your time here is certainly appreciated.
Now we look forward, now we await a replacement and hopefully it’s one that will slot into the current structure. With a bit of luck he’ll bring some stability into these “lines”, the more the weeks pass the more I’m thinking this squad may have been selected using a tómbola.
Someone mention Bordeleau, hmmmm, I’d have him back, without the leash though. Never going to happen.
Someone mention Lord playing, if only he could, I doubt he’s match fit though , probably lost some sharlness, certainly would be hungry for a game. I’m not fully convinced he’s coach material, certainly knows the game, what player of his calibre wouldn’t. The more l see him in his suit, the more l see someone hungry to play, he’s not a suit guy, he certainly looks awkward wearing one. Not every ex player can coach, the more time goes by the more it could become apparent. He’s certainly had the budget, certainly has a lot of contacts who’ve been actively recommending players over the years.
Should be an interesting few months, can’t wait.........
I don’t have any doubts about Lord’s coaching ability. He’s a student of the game and knows his stuff. I wish he was still playing for us though. Without the burden of coaching, he could have been in the line up for several more years. He was still good enough and for me anyway this year, we’ ve badly missed what he used to bring to this team on the ice.

Rich Best

Loads of fans from other clubs look at this forum and loads see this threepeat rubbish on social media! Like I said, if Steelers has been throwing that phrase around we’d have been all over it as demeaning, belittling and arrogant. Just because we’re having out time in the limelight doesn’t mean we should treat the league with disdain (as I’ve heard a few fans say from other teams).
It is very rare to win 2 league titles in a row, and I expect when Steelers did they would have talked about 3 in a row. No one is saying we have a right to achieve it or will achieve it. But having won 2 in a row, we have a chance to be the first team in Elite League history to win 3 in a row. So why the hell as fans should we keep quiet about that??!! It is not like we have already printed T-Shirts and a big banner with 3 Elite League Titles in a row on it. That would be arrogance...

Mazzoak

It’s not unusual for coaches to implode, look at football, look at Thommo.
I’m not suggesting Lord is incapable of coaching, he’s currently being tested, how he responds to this and future issues will ultimately decide how good a coach he is.
I’m not one for advocating year on year titles, frankly it’s impossible unless everyone else either hasn’t the budget to compete or the interest too, I’m happy to be entertained, to be competitive and to be a happy club for all involved.

Very disappointed. Always will think there is more to this then meets the eye.

On a side note, I’ve heard Mick Kemp has left the club too and is heading back up north. Very strange times.

Kevlar68

It is a loss of a full blooded leave it all on the ice player but leaving for personal reasons covers almost every reason to leave, Family, injury, unhappy with ice time, unhappy with locker room, unhappy with management etc etc, could be absolutely anything. Nobody will really know apart from Justin and management.

Hockeymad

I would love to see Steve kings opinion on all this crap going on.

He’s all good speaking when things are going well but nothing for the last month :(

Definately something going on behind the scenes.

All the wrong players seem to be leaving,

Mazzoak

I’m sure response will come when a replacement has been found and signed. I’m sure the owners are awaiting Todd’s plan of action first, to be honest l doubt there is much to add at this point, this isn’t Brexit, we haven’t hit an iceberg, no need to panic.

kettdevil1

I would love to see Steve kings opinion on all this crap going on.

He’s all good speaking when things are going well but nothing for the last month :(

Definately something going on behind the scenes.

All the wrong players seem to be leaving,
Out of interest who do you class as the wrong players. So far only Blood and Faryna have gone. The latter is a big blow, the former less so, I would argue.

I am not one for conspiracy theories and am struggling to see how what has happened to us is in any way different to what has happened to Nottingham, Coventry and MK in the last week

Hedd Wyn John

You only have to pin that statement on the opposition changing room wall and there is all the motivation you need! Perhaps that’s what been happening ????

Imagine if Steelers had coined it - the whole league would be calling them arrogant and dismissive.
Yep it’s up there with the ‘Giant Slayers’ promo video before beat us in the CC last season.