Faryna Leaves

No Justin Faryna, no Justin Faryna (to the tune of Seven Nation Army) :-(
So gutted! One of my favourite players. All the best Justin

d20

shame but injured a lot and his injuries this season havent helped dont see how he could be possibly miffed by lack of ice due to these injuries ,on the plus side hopefully this will let us push Mosey into that position.

Devils86

Damn. Doubt it will be down to ice time as website says “personal reasons” and they can be so wide ranging.

Think the only thing to do here is wish JF all the best (after all there is apparently more to life than hockey) and thank him for his 100% commitment to the Devils.

#OnceADevilAlwaysADevil

Gazza272

A real Sickener this one. Faryna was a heart and soul guy, Goals, physicality, drive. The guy had it all.

This departure has to be a catalyst for the boys to band together. We can't feel sorry for ourselves.

I guess this also gives us a roster spot to pick up a forward who is potentially a bit bigger, and a bit more physical than Faryna is.

I just hope everything is ok with Justin, and this is a more work based decision than anything else, and all of his family are ok.

d20

Shame but players come and go ,my opinon is he wanted more ice time but he'd been out a while injured BUT maybe the injuries hes had this season have taken its toll.

lets hope as Gazza272 says everything is ok healthwise with himself and his family thats more important .

hip check

A real Sickener this one. Faryna was a heart and soul guy, Goals, physicality, drive. The guy had it all.

This departure has to be a catalyst for the boys to band together. We can't feel sorry for ourselves.

I guess this also gives us a roster spot to pick up a forward who is potentially a bit bigger, and a bit more physical than Faryna is.

I just hope everything is ok with Justin, and this is a more work based decision than anything else, and all of his family are ok.
We don't do big and physical unfortunately, will probably be replaced by another skill player.
Will miss this guy immensely like was previously mentioned only knew how to give 100% with everything he did..my God how we need these type of players, soft underbelly just got a bit softer.

bb1

Absolutely gutted. Another character player gone.......something just doesn't seem right.

First Parisi, then Blood and now Faryna. I feel something maybe wrong behind the scenes.

Plus I heard a few guys didn't want to come to Cardiff when we were looking to replace Blood.

Either way it's a huge shame. Guys like Faryna don't come around very often and we just haven't got the players that can step up to what he brough.

Wannabe2

Gutted, totally gutted, we just lost our most entertaining player, Hotham isn’t replaceable, and neither is this guy. Today is such a very sad day, we all sang that song to him, he was a real Cardiff Devil and should have been here for years to come. we watched a player who played for Dundee, and thought god we would love this guy at Cardiff, it feels like he was only here for 5 mins. God this is one very sad day, we wish you all the love in the world mate, and thank you for being you, I totally feel wrecked at the moment, I was lucky enough to get to know Justin, and feel so unbelievably sad at this outcome, today is one shit day.

Last edited:

rolf

Can’t believe Faryna has left, I really hope things haven’t gone sour behind the scenes here in Cardiff.

Things have been sour for a little while now and there may be more to come.....People will shoot me down but I think a new coach is needed here I really do. Given the same resources coach Lord has at his disposal even Glenn Mulvenna would have been a winning coach these last 2 seasons....#justsayinglike

rolf

If Justin Faryna had been captain from the start of the season then this would be a different set of players we would be seeing on the ice. To drop him and Ulmer down the lines seems like a punishment beating that neither need or deserve.....

Kevlar68

You'd hope while discussions were happening with Justin that the management were scouting players just in case so there would be a quick replacement lined up.

Sorry to see you go Justin, great loss but hope it all works out for you in the future.

Pondlife

Sad day indeed. Wishing him and his family all the best for the future. He was a great player to watch and always brought that extra energy to the ice, not to mention being absolutely fearless.