Fans booing

Wannabe2

I would never boo, but I don't think I am a happy clapper either, do I love my club, duh no brainer, do I sometimes stick up for my team, then yes, and do I sometimes lose it with my team defo. Am I a logical person, sometimes yes, sometimes no it's called being human. Seeing as you know so much, what 3 changes would you make, and who would you replace them with.

The concept of simply watching a hockey game for no reason other than enjoying a game seems to be a weird concept for some. I watch the Devils for the simple reason there the only team in Wales, l couldn’t give a toss if they win or lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wannabe2

The concept of simply watching a hockey game for no reason other than enjoying a game seems to be a weird concept for some. I watch the Devils for the simple reason there the only team in Wales, l couldn’t give a toss if they win or loose.

Then that's fine for you, but it probably ain't for most fans, if we lose but the game was awesome, and we left everything out on the ice, then that's cool by me, I want to win but entertainment is my priority. Not many Devils fans or any other Elite teams fans would say, I couldn't give a toss if their team win or lose, loose is another thing of course.

Then that's fine for you, but it probably ain't for most fans, if we lose but the game was awesome, and we left everything out on the ice, then that's cool by me, I want to win but entertainment is my priority. Not many Devils fans or any other Elite teams fans would say, I couldn't give a toss if their team win or lose, loose is another thing of course.
I’m well aware it’s fine, if it isn’t, couldn’t give a XXXX. I’ve corrected my silly spelling mistake, not that it’s relevant.

I would never boo, but I don't think I am a happy clapper either, do I love my club, duh no brainer, do I sometimes stick up for my team, then yes, and do I sometimes lose it with my team defo. Am I a logical person, sometimes yes, sometimes no it's called being human. Seeing as you know so much, what 3 changes would you make, and who would you replace them with.
Quite a reasoned response, until your last sentence where you let yourself down with your 'seeing as you know so much' childish jibe!
It's plain to see that this team is nowhere near last years team as it stands after recent performances.

Wannabe2

Quite a reasoned response, until your last sentence where you let yourself down with your 'seeing as you know so much' childish jibe!
It's plain to see that this team is nowhere near last years team as it stands after recent performances.
So glad to have a phycologist on my case, it's so reassuring.

Wannabee, that post wasn't directly aimed at you so no need to get touchy! I respect your stance on booing. What I don't like is happy clappers telling me how I should feel ok parting with my hard earned cash to watch dross like that because "they tried" - when they clearly didn't! ...but mainly the holier than thou stance those people seem to adopt when anyone says anything bad about the team.

I'm not saying I know all the answers but I think it's clear that on the ice some players aren't up to it this year, whilst off the ice, others are taking the mick if rumours are to be believed. It's hard not to get sentimental and remember how good some players were last year but that wouldn't rule them out of the chop imo ...just wish this team was a patch on last years.

Wannabe2

If your not also ejercito rojas how the hell do you know that post wasn't directed at me. I ain't touchy mate, I am actually having one awesome night. Hope you are too.

kingmo19.1

Wannabee, that post wasn't directly aimed at you so no need to get touchy! I respect your stance on booing. What I don't like is happy clappers telling me how I should feel ok parting with my hard earned cash to watch dross like that because "they tried" - when they clearly didn't! ...but mainly the holier than thou stance those people seem to adopt when anyone says anything bad about the team.

I'm not saying I know all the answers but I think it's clear that on the ice some players aren't up to it this year, whilst off the ice, others are taking the mick if rumours are to be believed. It's hard not to get sentimental and remember how good some players were last year but that wouldn't rule them out of the chop imo ...just wish this team was a patch on last years.
Wasn't there some trouble earlier in the season with some off ice 'issues'? Sounds like from your post things are continuing. That's a shame as I think the fans who pay their hard earned cash are being short changed if true.

You asked me what 3 players I would change in response to my post where I said I think 3 changes should be made but you're right, "how the hell" could I have known that my own post wasn't a direct dig at you ...Unless, I'm Electro! ...Ohh come on, you were a little bitey and childish with your response "seeing as you know so much" take a chill pill.

Temme

Our forum is 100000% more pathetic than Steeltalk, you people are hell bent on becoming keyboard warriors and arguing with yourselves, it's no wonder so many people choose not to post here anymore.

On topic so it doesn't get deleted - If fans want to boo, so be it, i personally don't boo a poor performance, but then i don't boo an opposition player that's thrown for a dirty hit either.

If management and players here the boo and disgruntled fans, do something about it. Professional sports is a dog eat dog world and if you can't perform under pressure you're in the wrong business.

Johnnybravo1927

My thoughts (for what they are worth). I didnt boo as I dont see a team that isnt trying. Misfiring? Yes. inconsistent? Yes. Frustrating? Yes. We wont replicate last year and there are several reasons why. Other teams have improved, we lack a certain spirit we had last year, it just isnt our year but to be honest its good that someone else in going to win the league. If there is a monopoly then it becones a boring league. Last was a blast for us and this year will still be fun. I dont think we will win the league but you know that the entire organisation wont be happy about that and next season will improve the team to push for the league again. But my original point is that the players dont deliberately play badly, there are some players underperforming but not by choice. If people want to boo then thats fine by me but personally I choose not to

kingmo19.1

This team will win the league.
Reality is Rob, should we lose both games this weekend (not an impossibility at the moment), we could find ourselves in 10th (TENTH) place in the league (if Blaze, Clan & Flames pick up a couple of points) and a whopping 12 points behind Panthers should they win. Can't see us coming back from that should it happen!

At the moment, our win %age of 0.6 puts us 6th in the league. From what I've seen, that's about where this team is at the moment. Let's not forget, qualifying for the CC was pretty much shambolic and apart from beating Vaxjo (who had already qualified - and I understand had a few beers the night before!) and a poor Davos side, I've seen nothing that screams Champions or even contenders to me.

Apologies for the negativity, but can't argue against the facts. Would love to see the boys mirror last season, but at the moment, it looks a million miles away.

Rob Batch

All your points are obviously correct but are meaningless when you consider the crazy results every team in this league has experienced. Pre-season we all thought each and every team upgraded and that has happened. I believe this will be the most exciting season the EIHL has seen ! The roller-coaster has begun, brilliant !

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #60
The topic of booing was brought up in the pre game talk on Sunday, (i was gonna ask the question myself but was beaten to it) Todd didn’t think booing has an impact on players as know when they performed badly. Todd also gets texts from fans when the team is doing badly but nothing when it’s going well and Todd also said that fans who boo should remember that fact when the team does well.