Fan Council Updates

James

Administrator
Thread starter #182
i can assure you the questions asked on here are all put to Todd. Not everything is acted on but everything mentioned is at least discussed and lots of points have been taken up already. Some points people raise (such as the bar prices previously) are just the way it has to be but at least Todd / the club are made aware of the dissatisfaction.

Wannabe2

We have a fans council, and they consist of good people who want the best for everyone believe me, these voluntary positions can at times be pretty thankless. All a council can do is gather the relevant information and pass it on, the puck stops there. At least our fans have a central voice, most clubs wouldn’t even entertain one.

Devils86

Sat in the arena and thinking it’s very white...a few red spotlights facing back on to the walls from the pillars could make goals and intro a little bit more...theatrical - and add in the dry ice...

Just thinking out loud

august04

Well the scoreboard looked much better! Quite why it took so long to fit 4 plastic corner inserts, who knows. We waited a long time but got there in the end!

Kevlar68

Scoreboard was never a issue for me, i watch whats going on on the ice and i know the score as i'm watching the game and when its mainly in use (for the intro) its dark anyway. Only ever took real notice of scoreboard is in the last seconds of third period

Please can a reminder be issued before and possibly several times during the game...that this is a family game and 'bad' language will NOT be tolerated. We have paid good money to come to support our team and don't want it spoilt by a few ...

Kevlar68

I have to admit i have used expletives but its not out of habit or hate or aimed at anyone it comes from frustration without thought, head raised to the heavens and can't be helped sometimes so where do you draw the line?

Kevlar68

Isn't any sport a family sport? Never heard a sport being labelled as "Adults only".
The language in kids online games and consoles games is worse and more frequent than what I've heard in the arena.

mjh

Isn't any sport a family sport? Never heard a sport being labelled as "Adults only".
The language in kids online games and consoles games is worse and more frequent than what I've heard in the arena.

Sure I agree about many video games you’re spot on. I personally wouldn’t allow my children to play them. However my point would be that as in most American sports, parents would expect to take their families to ice hockey games without having to worry about bad language. It’s just a question of consideration so we can all enjoy the fantastic sport we have available at the iaw. Sorry “the viola”.

Kevlar68

I was talking to Jason Mohamed about this subject but to do with it at the Principality stadium as i used to manage the bars in the Millennium stadium and we agreed that bad language doesn't have a place amongst supporters when children are near but it is hard to monitor in any arena no matter what you do or say, you'd need a steward for every 40 people. If I've ever sworn at any event and a child has been near me i have apologised to the parents as it was just an impulse moment.

I feel the only answer to this is introducing a ‘family block’ with a steward assigned to ensure people keep it clean etc. Other than that, I think it’s unlikely you’re going to stop people who swear on a regular basis in their daily lives from doing so watching their team play, however much it’s requested.

Samael

Given the postings on the 2018/2019 player awards thread, specifically the post from Chris regarding the club cutting off contact to staff/players with the inferno website, I'd be interested to know if the fan council is still a thing?

James

Administrator
Thread starter #200
It is, although meetings with the club have been infrequent during the season. Next meeting is scheduled for 9th April, so next week.