Fan Council Updates

solelace84

Without appearing obnoxious - what is the point in this largely anonymous Fans Council if they don’t feedback anything to the fans?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingmo19.1

Bar prices at the IAW !!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I bought the same round of 3 drinks at the game v Sheffield on 3 ocassions - before the game,
Period 1 break then period 2 break and was charged a different amount each time!!!!!!!

Perhaps having the prices clearly displayed would assist both staff and customers!

I've been charged different prices for the same drinks several times there too. Not entirely show how they can get away with not having prices displayed.

Their frankly breaking the law, it’s covered by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, failing to show all or part of the price list of drinks or to provide misleading information, charging incorrectly breaches unfair trading practice and constitute an offence. They would receive a fine, possibility of loss of license or imprisonment of up to 2 yrs. If there charging incorrectly, refuse to accept the charge, ask for proof of pricing and remind the manager of his obligations regarding the above law and advise you’ll contact the local Trading Standards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Their frankly breaking the law, it’s covered by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, failing to show all or part of the price list of drinks or to provide misleading information, charging incorrectly breaches unfair trading practice and constitute an offence. They would receive a fine, possibility of loss of license or imprisonment of up to 2 yrs. If there charging incorrectly, refuse to accept the charge, ask for proof of pricing and remind the manager of his obligations regarding the above law and advise you’ll contact the local Trading Standards.

Not like I've not mentioned it to Adam Porter numerous times & told him they're breaking the law.

Contact Trading Standards, if it’s been pointed out to management then there obliged to act and rectify any discrepancies. By continuing it would suggest intent and that is frankly immoral, illegal and idiotic. It’s hardly surprising though and it wouldn’t surprise me if they lost the drinks license as they have courted the councils attention over various infringements since opening. If the management want to win contracts to host events they need to pull the fingers out from whatever there in.

Paul Sullivan

Cardiff County Council
Cardiff Trading Standards
Room 120
County Hall
Cardiff
CF10 4UW

t: Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06; (English). Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 05 (Welsh). Business Advice: 02920 872059.
f: 029 20345951
e: tradingstandards@cardiff.gov.uk
Before typing or writing, you may want to know that as of last night (may have been there a while now but I only saw it last night) there was a tariff posted on the back wall of the bar. Granted you'll need better eyes than mine to read it :) but it is there.
Also, maybe be mindful that the Devils are working hard to work with Ice Arena Wales, not simply confront them. We all want the best possible experience using the Arena, and bringing in third party organisations to 'police' something that isn't actually an issue (any more) might not help.

BostonBart22

Before typing or writing, you may want to know that as of last night (may have been there a while now but I only saw it last night) there was a tariff posted on the back wall of the bar. Granted you'll need better eyes than mine to read it :) but it is there.
Also, maybe be mindful that the Devils are working hard to work with Ice Arena Wales, not simply confront them. We all want the best possible experience using the Arena, and bringing in third party organisations to 'police' something that isn't actually an issue (any more) might not help.
totally agree paul, dont want to rock the boat with IAW owners , things could get nasty for the devils, this practice over drinks happens all pubs and clubs, if you think your being ripped off at bar dont buy anymore ..simples...

I have to agree with this. We are all supposed to be on the same team, guys. If everyone’s happy, we are all winners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a position that frankly nobody wants and customers of the IAW shouldn’t have to live with. Having a small tariff on the wall doesn’t negate the fact that people have been incorrectly charged. I’m sure this has more to do with staff competence and mismanagement than a deliberate act of fraud. I’m pretty sure the turnover is too low to justify the penalties. l would advise the fan council or anybody reading this to pass these points or concerns to both the IAW staff and Greenbank, as has been stated it’s in all fans interests that IAW is solvent, if overcharging is happening because of poor management, it’s reasonable to assume customers have been undercharged.

Wannabe2

Contact Trading Standards, if it’s been pointed out to management then there obliged to act and rectify any discrepancies. By continuing it would suggest intent and that is frankly immoral, illegal and idiotic. It’s hardly surprising though and it wouldn’t surprise me if they lost the drinks license as they have courted the councils attention over various infringements since opening. If the management want to win contracts to host events they need to pull the fingers out from whatever there in.

Believe me you need to keep away from contacting Trading Standards or anyone else, this matter can be solved in house. IAW is the finest home the Devils have ever had, it took 10 long years of hard work getting what we have, and the conditions we have. The Devils have never ever been in a better position than what they find themselves in now, and they don't need any silly moves to jeopardise those conditions.

Believe me you need to keep away from contacting Trading Standards or anyone else, this matter can be solved in house. IAW is the finest home the Devils have ever had, it took 10 long years of hard work getting what we have, and the conditions we have. The Devils have never ever been in a better position than what they find themselves in now, and they don't need any silly moves to jeopardise those conditions.
I agree it should be solved in house. It would help if they didn’t ignore customers, Greenbank took up the invitations to meetings. It’s not the end of the IAW if Trading Standards got involved, it’s a simple slap on the wrist, customers shouldn’t be in fear of raising concerns. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if Greenbank walked, honestly then professional people could be found to run the place.

Wannabe2

I agree it should be solved in house. It would help if they didn’t ignore customers, Greenbank took up the invitations to meetings. It’s not the end of the IAW if Trading Standards got involved, it’s a simple slap on the wrist, customers shouldn’t be in fear of raising concerns. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if Greenbank walked, honestly then professional people could be found to run the place.

Okay I am trying very hard to be polite here, and believe me it is hard. Let's drop this Trading Standards thing. You say you agree that it should be resolved in house, so leave it there in house. What's the problem, when there ain't one.

Okay I am trying very hard to be polite here, and believe me it is hard. Let's drop this Trading Standards thing. You say you agree that it should be resolved in house, so leave it there in house. What's the problem, when there ain't one.
If “in house” address any current or future customer issues then there is no problem. Continuing to have pricing discrepancies may mean people will complain, and rightly so. I’m afraid not all users of the IAW will have such a tolerant view, many may take exception to being charged incorrectly. The IAW serves the public, they have no knowledge of whom those users are, it’s best practice to serve users with the upmost respect, customer service can make or break a business.

Earnie

I am with Wannabe2 on this one. Why make something of nothing? Maybe they are charging you too little!
I have never had a problem at the bar on pricing or waiting time. I have the same drink every week and the cost has never varied. Anyway this topic is supposed to be about Fan Council. Over and out.

Like I have always said us Devils fans moan about bloody everything..
Have you seen what we have put up with the last ten years?? And your moaning about this..... wow!!

davew

The law is the law, Greenbank have been made aware of the ommission..

you cannot stop disgruntled customers (who maybe police officers, council officials etc etc) from contacting trading standards. If they can't get those basics right what else is not being correctly done...(food safety especially)

I doubt Glynne, that you would not report someone you knew who was driving with no insurance or committing benefit fraud?