Fan Council Updates

Discussion in 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat' started by James, Aug 11, 2017.

1. solelace84

solelace84 Active Member

Fan council doing a Simmsey.... Just tell us already!

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

2. James

James Administrator

I think that's a bit harsh. Like I said minutes were prepared by the following morning, but the club have to say yes to them to release. Its frustrating for us too.

solelace84 likes this.
  3. kingmo19.1

kingmo19.1 Active Member

Was it the half price dog food in the café ??????????? If not, can I go back into hibernation for a few months ?

4. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Well-Known Member

Who really gives a toss about announcements after tonight’s performance, they can wait, let’s just relish what we all experienced tonight.

5. Mazzoak

Mazzoak Member

I did hear that right then.

6. Russky

Russky Well-Known Member

what was the announcement then?

7. kingmo19.1

kingmo19.1 Active Member

Announcement, announcement, did I hear right? Has there been an announcement?

I guess not, oh well, back to sleep then whilst we sit through the longest duration the world has ever seen to read through some minutes !!!!

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz!

solelace84 likes this.
  8. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Well-Known Member

So another meeting tonight, and no news, oh well has been said already Goodnight.

9. august04

august04 Well-Known Member

I really don’t see the point in this fan council if feedback isn’t given to the fans. I won’t be wasting my time completing questionnaires again for this talking shop.

matbur and solelace84 like this.
  10. He Drives A Car

He Drives A Car Member

Like with any meeting. The minutes have to be agreed with all participants. To be fair the Devils have been rather occupied this week. Todd mentioned the FC @ the Q&A last night. I'm sure once all have agreed the minutes feedback will take place.

11. Mazzoak

Mazzoak Member

I’m hoping it’s something substantial then, if not, utter joke.

12. kingmo19.1

kingmo19.1 Active Member

13. Ocko

Ocko Well-Known Member

It probaby isn't anything to write home about, if it was someone would've gossiped it around the rink by now.

More than likely a bigger bar price list. Seems like major issues like that people like to incessantly moan about.

14. pjj365

pjj365 Active Member

Todd said at last week's Q&A that clapbanners were 4th on the agenda!!!! That's not even a club or arena, but a sponsor, issue

He was in "playful" mood though but if he was not being sarcastic it will be interesting see what 1, 2 & 3 are!

BTW bar price list is still illegal unless people have better eyesight than me

15. MikeWare's DeathGlare

MikeWare's DeathGlare Member

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/fan-council-update/

FAN COUNCIL UPDATE

THE FAN COUNCIL RECENTLY MET WITH DEVILS MANAGEMENT TO GO THROUGH THE FEEDBACK GATHERED FROM THE FANBASE OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS.

Plenty was discussed, but the highlights were:

Devils managing IAW and the long term plans with Arena management. Devils outlined the current plan to focus on quick wins and small changes to improve the customer experience with longer term plans to include improving the website, branding, and giving IAW some personality with photos, branding throughout the arena that highlights the Devils in the Arena as well as other skating clubs that are based out of IAW.

Baby Changing Areas - The Fan Council brought up the fact that more baby changing stations are needed and this is something that will have to be addressed in the off-season.

Reusable Cups - this is something the Council brought up and the Devils are already looking into this.

Car Parking - Again this is always an issue discussed but the Devils explained they are meeting with the council to discuss a plan for additional safe secure parking next season.

Wi-Fi at Arena - The Devils explained that there should be public Wi-fi in the arena before the end of the season.

Awards Night - The Fan Council outlined that the majority of people they have spoken to would prefer a Awards Night that was less expensive and did not include dinner to make it priced for more people to attend rather than a dinner costing £45 a head. The Devils confirmed they will switch to this format for this season's awards night.

Security during period breaks - to ensure the smoking doors are closed (smoke smell coming into the cafe area), too many kids playing ball games by the toilets below block 12 and in other walkways during the breaks. These have all been mentioned to the security team and the stewards.

Another very positive meeting with the Fan Council that gives them the opportunity to feedback to the Organisation and gives the Devils management a better understanding of the concerns of their loyal fans. If you want to get in touch with the fan council, email them atfc@cardiffdevils.com

16. Ocko

Ocko Well-Known Member

Hope everyone who was so desperate for these minutes will sleep easy now there will be some pictures put up and will soon be able to stare at their phones all game

17. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Thought there was a big announcement to be made........ or was that just the wind up merchants and ive just had a complete blonde moment lol

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  18. James

James Administrator

There was never a big announcement, most if not all meetings have been along the same lines. Queues for food, state of the seats, kids running about the arena etc. Nothing too thrilling, it's all important to someone though.

19. Mazzoak

Mazzoak Member

It’s great to have the feed back to us from these “Fan Meetings” no matter how small or nondescript some feel the content maybe. The owners asked for input from us, to address issues and resolve them, if possible, long may these meetings continue with constructive inclusion of as many fans whom may wish too.

Imp and E.D.S. like this.
  20. E.D.S.

E.D.S. Active Member

Couldn’t agree more. It’s how you run a business. It’s how any business should be run by asking its customers what they want. We seem to be striking a real balance with the current owners between this being a business and a hockey club.
    Long may it continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk