Face Off v Coventry on Boxing Day

Thread starter #1
Looked at the face off time for the Coventry game on Boxing Day and it is 7.30. Te list I read it from might have been printed at the start of the season. Does anyone know if the face off has been changed. I also noticed that Planet Ice have a skating session between 12.00pm and 4.00pm on Boxing Day so it might be 7.30. What attendance would we get for a face off time at 7.30 I wonder.

Where do you get 7.30 Bob? I looked at fixtures (few days ago) and it says TBC?

I phoned the club on Monday to be told nobody in the office, so phoned next day to be told the same and to give my details and someone will phne me back? Still no call. I work the the NHS so open 24/7 365 days a year so Boxing day might have to work!! hope its 7.30 as i can work early.

puck

If there is a Planet Ice skate finishing at 4pm then I expect the Devils game will start at 6pm, like a Sunday night game. Obviously normally a midweek game would be 7.30pm face off but I think it will be different for a Bank Holiday.

Thread starter #6
I went on the Elite League fixtures and it had a 7.30 face off on there. I know it said on the Devils site TBC. Lets hope it is a 6.00pm face off. Sorry if nobody can get back from Reading after the Bluebirds game in time for the Devils game.

Ger-Devils

Bob the Driver said:
I went on the Elite League fixtures and it had a 7.30 face off on there. I know it said on the Devils site TBC. Lets hope it is a 6.00pm face off. Sorry if nobody can get back from Reading after the Bluebirds game in time for the Devils game.
Well hopefully the police will change the times of the game to say a 12:30 kick off which normally happens up that area on boxing day. It was for Watford last year anyway.

I think the two police forces are meeting this week to discuss it but obviously the SWP are busy with preparations for the derby on Sunday! Not looking at getting to Ninian Park 8:45am on a Sunday then 2 hour journey down to Swansea!

cf38 said:
It also had 7.30pm on the planet ice fixture list available in reception last night.
I have just checked the fixtures on the plant ice web site and it is saying that face off is at 6pm for the boxing day game.
So basically what time does this game start :?: :?:

Gazza272

Finny said:
Haven't Boxing Day games usually been about 5pm in the past?

Yep they have, i dont believe we have had a home one since the WNIR though where of course we owned the rink and the team.

If Boxing day is a good draw for PI on the public skating side of things i cant see anything other than an evening face off.

On the bright side though i'll see you all in the harvester for boxing day drinks :D

Russky

Another couple of things which may have been overlooked are:

1 There is no public Transport that day,
2 Morrisons store and Garage are both closed
3 No access to their car park or Garage as the the gates are closed and locked!

Finny

Public transport is something that has always caught me out in the past when going to footy games.

Are Morrisons defiantely closed - and their car parks locked? Quite a few supermarkets open on Boxing Day now, and most have staff in anyway to remove christmas displays and stock shelves.

mazza03

When I worked in Tesco we never opened on Boxing day because it is all vollantary (SP) and lets face it who wants to put more money into any tight fisted big chain? :evil:

I don't see why Morrisons car park will be shut. The store closes on Sundays at 4 but car park open for the night.
Then again looks like Morrisons are closed xmas day and boxing day so they might close car park.

I'm sure people can pay a pound to park at rink for one game!!

Finny

Although the store closes at 4pm they would almost certainly have people stacking shelves until the early hours of the morning - possibly longer. If they didn't have people working there boxing day - they might well lock the gates.

One reason they might not though is the cash points in the carpark. When I worked in Sainsburys there was some rule that said we couldn't lock the carpark as we had to allow people use the cashpoits 24-365.

I doubt Morrisons car park will be shut as the flats around it are allowed to use it for extra parking, as we only get one space. There might be a lot of annoyed residents if they find their cars locked in!

FWIW it wasn't closed last boxing day as I was parked in there.

Russky

Finny said:
Public transport is something that has always caught me out in the past when going to footy games.

Are Morrisons defiantely closed - and their car parks locked? Quite a few supermarkets open on Boxing Day now, and most have staff in anyway to remove christmas displays and stock shelves.

My wife works in that store so you could say I have inside info! Christmas day and Boxing day are the only two days they are shut for consecutive days. Normally the shelves are stacked on xmas eve, after they shut at 5pm, ready for when they re-open on the 27th! The car park gates will be shut and locked at 7pm roughly on xmas eve and reopened on 27th at start of that days business! This is to stop the joy riders and 'cruise mobiles laying down some rubber' on the car park tarmac!

Russky

Russky said:
Finny said:

My wife works in that store so you could say I have inside info! Christmas day and Boxing day are the only two days they are shut for consecutive days. Normally the shelves are stacked on xmas eve, after they shut at 5pm, ready for when they re-open on the 27th! The car park gates will be shut AS NORMAL and locked at 7pm roughly on xmas eve and reopened on 27th at start of that days business! This is to stop the joy riders and 'cruise cars laying down some rubber' on the car park tarmac! The gates to the car park on the side of Prospect place are kept open for the residents of Prospect place to use as an overflow carpark! and there is no other access to other parts of the car park as the remaining gates ARE shut and locked!