"Exciting developments for the Elite League next year"

DevilDom

Thread starter #1
Following on from Paul Ragan's SKY interview prior to the steelers game shown last night he mentioned there were already some "exciting developments" for the elite league next year, this got me thinking as to what they may be and I came up with the following list and how likely they were:

- Reduction in import levels (Very Likely)
- Completely new team or teams (moderate chance)
- EPL or SNL team(s) moving up to elite league (most likely IMO)
- EPL and Elite league merging to create 2 divisions with relegation promotion or split into North and South Division (unlikely at this stage)
- New owners for Vipers or Caps (not really league related)

I concluded that coupled with a reduction in import levels we may see a one or possibly 2 more teams make the step up to the Elite league with Fife and Guildford being my favourites to do so.

Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts.

Chris

Administrator
Maybe also related to a league sponsor?

I think that's been mentioned by PR as one of thd leagues aims, maybe at the Q&A in Cardiff?

Chris.

I think he said relegation / promotion between league was something they wanted but was a couple of seasons away yet. Apart from new sponsors and possibly a reduction in imports, I think the other points were beyond next season.

wildthing74

ledgend777 said:
I think he said relegation / promotion between league was something they wanted but was a couple of seasons away yet. Apart from new sponsors and possibly a reduction in imports, I think the other points were beyond next season.
I can never see there being promotion and relegation in this country.Its never come close as too many teams in EPL or equivilant league over the years have never been able to afford to step up with the extra imports and it may kill teams off to go down.Sad as it is,it seems you get to chose the league you play in depending on the budget you have.

James

Administrator
"Exciting developments for the Elite League next year"

The exciting developments might just be the return of the 20/20 cup ...

Finny

Re:

James said:
Oh you tease! :lol:

My guess would be a combination of a new league sponsor plus more live games on Sky.

Plus additionally either a couple of new teams or a cup competition with a european team (Holland?)

ASHIPP

Re: Re:

Finny said:
James said:
Oh you tease! :lol:

My guess would be a combination of a new league sponsor plus more live games on Sky.

Plus additionally either a couple of new teams or a cup competition with a european team (Holland?)
Sky coverage moved from Sky 3/4 to mainstream Sky Sports? Weekly live game and a highlights show?

DevilDom

Thread starter #10
phil PLT said:
Cross-over cup competition between Elite teams and EPL
I'd like to see that, but the Elite teams would have to be limited to the same number of imports as the EPL teams otherwise it wouldn't be competitive. It would then have the added benefit of the Elite teams giving more Brit youngsters a chance.