Evan Mosey Signs

Kevlar68

I was at the Q & A with Todd and Franny last night. Todd did say Faryna should be back training this week also he said they have only said that's all the signings for now that doesn't mean there won't be a signing and they have never said there will be no more signings, so i guess its watch this space and see what happens.

have only seen him on Sunday and not Saturday and honestly in my head he was taller than he us, but I liked what I saw especially as a utility play much like Culligan. Held is own especially being thrown in the deep end and even had a few shifts on the PP. Going forward only can see him improving and growing within the team.

BostonBart22

Personally, I thought Mo and ulmer should of been replaced this season.
quick question what is luke piggots role, is it the same as the departed jamie was it is its not working is it, seem to remember MO had a stint on the bench with lordo and seemed to work well.. and why dont we see hits from ulmer he is big enough,,reminds me of phil hill when he played,,,no hit hill...

Gazza272

quick question what is luke piggots role, is it the same as the departed jamie was it is its not working is it, seem to remember MO had a stint on the bench with lordo and seemed to work well.. and why dont we see hits from ulmer he is big enough,,reminds me of phil hill when he played,,,no hit hill...

Because Ulmer isn't and never has been that type of player. It's like asking why Mark Louis doesn't score as many goals as Fournier.

Ulmer is a high IQ hockey player who is there to score goals and assist. Sure he has the ability to throw the body, but that isn't anywhere close to where his strengths lay.

Foxy

Cant believe people are having a go at Ulmer. IMO hes one of the most consistent players out there at the moment. Don't think i would criticise individual players as it seems to be a Team problem. Just cant understand how they have slipped so quickly. I know Ritchie is playing with an injury and now it seems Batch is injured as well so losing Blood certainly hasn't helped.

BostonBart22

Cant believe people are having a go at Ulmer. IMO hes one of the most consistent players out there at the moment. Don't think i would criticise individual players as it seems to be a Team problem. Just cant understand how they have slipped so quickly. I know Ritchie is playing with an injury and now it seems Batch is injured as well so losing Blood certainly hasn't helped.
think batch has a virus, hence didnt travel saturday, fair play to him for playing sunday though same applies to richie

KaneDevils

Not having a go at ulmer. Just think we could and should of improved on him and Mo. I rarely see his name mentioned. And surely all hockey players can throw a hit now and again, even if it's a bad one.

tim78

I can't be too negative on the team too much we are supporters and it's not been a prolonged blip. It is hard to see knowing this team has a real high compete level and if it's going to happen lets get it out of the way this side of the season.

Ulmer has had some sublime tips and is a strong skater, as for most the team have really good plus's. Unfortently if you're having a bad day and the other team are hungry for it we're going to see this happen in the league. I only say this as Lord beleives in the team so it's very unlikely we're going to play a shutdown game to stop the rut.

Though I have noticed this season there aren't many players blocking shots like they used too (excluding Richie who's an absolute Devil).

august04

think batch has a virus, hence didnt travel saturday, fair play to him for playing sunday though same applies to richie
So if Batch had a virus, why didn’t Moore get more ice time on D instead? I might be mistaken, but I only recall him having a few shifts?
For me, Ulmer has been good this season. No complaints with him at all.
I hope Faryna is back quickly, but from rumours doing the rounds on Sunday, I’d be surprised if we see him soon. Hopefully, they’re not true and he’s back in the line up very soon. We miss him badly.

Last edited:

Devils86

So if Batch had a virus, why didn’t Moore get more ice time on D instead? I might be mistaken, but I only recall him having a few shifts?
For me, Ulmer has been good this season. No complaints with him at all.
I hope Faryna is back quickly, but from rumours doing the rounds on Sunday, I’d be surprised if we see him soon. Hopefully, they’re not true and he’s back in the line up very soon. We miss him badly.
According to TK he (JF) could be back for Panthers. On the Moore point he was getting more minutes in the third as Ritchie didn’t skate in the third (I think?) and Batch was limited. ISTR for the third we were rotating Fornier, Mosey, Reddick and Moore for the majority.

Re: the Mo comments he has gone from being someone early in the season when we were hitting all cylinders Lord was saying that Mo makes any line he gets put on better - and his chemistry with Linglet and Ulmer was on point.

He’s not the best we have in any one area - but he can impact on others. Like everyone he’s suffering with form, but he made some noticeable mistakes the other night.

I was very happy with the recruitment at the start of the season, this blip doesn’t change my mind. The ol’ saying of form being temporary and class being permanent is getting me through this blip.

I do agree though that following loss of D men we need another body - and competition for places is always a good idea.