Enlighten Me

Mazzoak

Just because you think someone is talking “utter rubbish” doesn’t necessarily mean they are wrong. Opinions are subjective, and that’s surely the appeal of a forum, it gives people with the same passion, but maybe differeing viewpoints, the chance to discuss them. Each to their own, but life can be rather bland living in an echo chamber.
Engaging in constructive discussion with a person not pressing their opinion as factual is not going to give me the impression their talking utter rubbish, it wouldn’t cause me to distance myself from them.

pjj365

If im speaking to a person, at say a game and that person is in my opinion talking utter rubbish I’m going to be polite, not going to give my opinion, leave and avoid any future contact.
I very much doubt most of the comments on forums would occur face to face, you may know the person fully aware those comments come from little or no knowledge and experience or for fear of conflict. Although some Walters are so brazen.
It’s just a reflection of the society we live in, people often build a picture of their selves, like you find Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the fiction is greater than the reality, easier to sell fiction, few photoshopped touch ups, add someone else’s exotic photos, over indulge the fiction.
It would make a very entertaining evening if Todd & Lord took some players up to the bar for a post match night of entertainment. Read out some of the “post game analysis” written by members, the profesionals could then give out their opinion of the analysis.
Good point which many should remember - if you can't say something to someone's than it is probably best not said

I have and do engage politely with people I think are ignorant or rude or just have different opinions. Sometimes I make a fool of myself, sometimes I learn something, sometimes it gives me a different view and sometimes my opinion is confirmed. It has never been aggressive from either side - something which we see often on social media..

Rich Best

Ok, just a quick question to you so called Devils fans, we win anganst the Panthers Saturday and three pages on the Inferno.
We win against Dundee tonight and it,s two pages on the Inferno so we lose against Belfast it,s eight pages. Point I,m making is it worth logging on when we lose as most I see on here are more interested in picking out individual players for under achieving or just slating the team. We are a great team as the trophy cabinet shows what we have achieved so stop criticising and get behind and support YOUR TEAM .... THE CARDIIFF DEVILS
I think your point has been proven after last night lol. Only 1 page so far, may stretch to 2, probably won't reach 3. And it was a home game, so that 'reason' is out the window!

Fife are a quality team, definite contenders, but the 'fan' base on here will be luke warm about a win.

The big problem is, there wasnt much negative to shout about in last night's game, so there are a bunch of people on this forum who have had all their fun spoiled and will have to wait until the next time we lose to get their hit!

Devils86

Or in the alternative the posts already here cover the scope of opinion from last night. Only so many ways you can say: well done that was good.

Ocko

I think your point has been proven after last night lol. Only 1 page so far, may stretch to 2, probably won't reach 3. And it was a home game, so that 'reason' is out the window!

Fife are a quality team, definite contenders, but the 'fan' base on here will be luke warm about a win.

The big problem is, there wasnt much negative to shout about in last night's game, so there are a bunch of people on this forum who have had all their fun spoiled and will have to wait until the next time we lose to get their hit!
Not really because those fans, sorry 'fans', will be too busy probably humoring themselves over your arrogant and condescending posts.

At least those posts moaning about a loss is thought and debate provoking, rather than some of the stuff you post like a post about how a player is such a professional because he went for a run before a game and then starting a thread about how a player is a 'true devil' because he too went for a jog before a game and you had never seen anyone else doing it (despite 3 weeks prior saying the same thing about someone else).

Rich Best

Not really because those fans, sorry 'fans', will be too busy probably humoring themselves over your arrogant and condescending posts.

At least those posts moaning about a loss is thought and debate provoking, rather than some of the stuff you post like a post about how a player is such a professional because he went for a run before a game and then starting a thread about how a player is a 'true devil' because he too went for a jog before a game and you had never seen anyone else doing it (despite 3 weeks prior saying the same thing about someone else).
You just HATE that the original poster here actually has a point, and that some people support that point and share his / her opinion.

Yes, I question whether people are true fans when their sentiment is so strongly negative. But I am aware that this type of fan exists with every team, it is not unique to the Devils.

At least I know you read my posts now :).

Foxy

Before having a go at people what has there been left to say that hasn't already been covered by posters that have made a post.........
Jeez you just cant help yourself can you............