Enlighten Me

Thread starter #1
Ok, just a quick question to you so called Devils fans, we win anganst the Panthers Saturday and three pages on the Inferno.
We win against Dundee tonight and it,s two pages on the Inferno so we lose against Belfast it,s eight pages. Point I,m making is it worth logging on when we lose as most I see on here are more interested in picking out individual players for under achieving or just slating the team. We are a great team as the trophy cabinet shows what we have achieved so stop criticising and get behind and support YOUR TEAM .... THE CARDIIFF DEVILS

To be fair, we did get embarrassed by Belfast, hence why their was more of a reaction on the forum! I didn't comment on either thread, but I don't think it makes people a "so called devils fan" for expressing their negative opinions sometimes. In general, I do think people are quick to start going crazy, but never the less, I don't think it means they are any less of a fan. Even in this lull, I still feel like we're favourites for the silverware.
As a side note, that first period V panthers was everything I want in a hockey game!

Diafol

It was the scale of the defeat by Belfast which got everyone wound up.
I don't think a 4-3 thriller would have generated such a negative reaction from people (or so many pages).
Hopefully we are back on track now.
Four point weekend, onwards and upwards :)

jimmy snels

"so called" is being banded around way to much. we lost with a wimper for weeks at home Christopher. we got knocked about and hammered by belfast, of course there were a lot of opinions as to why.

Foxy

The game against Belfast was an embarrassment probably why the pages. This was also following a number of loses.
Dundee i didn't see the game so i don't comment on what i havn't seen.

If that makes me a so called fan...............

Wannabe2

Ok, just a quick question to you so called Devils fans, we win anganst the Panthers Saturday and three pages on the Inferno.
We win against Dundee tonight and it,s two pages on the Inferno so we lose against Belfast it,s eight pages. Point I,m making is it worth logging on when we lose as most I see on here are more interested in picking out individual players for under achieving or just slating the team. We are a great team as the trophy cabinet shows what we have achieved so stop criticising and get behind and support YOUR TEAM .... THE CARDIIFF DEVILS
Your asking is it worth logging on when we lose, if you don’t like people’s comments then don’t log on, SIMPLES.

Temme

I don't check the Inferno unless i am in work at my laptop/PC
I'm fortunate enough to not work weekends in my job.

Sorry if this offends you in any way or if this isn't good enough.

Sorry i have a job.

James

Administrator
Historically a loss has always generated more discussion than a win and a home game more than an away game. I've not checked patterns on other forums but I suspect we aren't unique in that.
A home game loss will always provoke more comment than an away win, especially a Scottish away game that few fans could get too. It's the nature of things and doesn't make anyone a 'so called' fan.

Rob Batch

I think we all see the situation differently and react differently. The emotions expressed either way does show how much we all care and can be entertaining in itself.

bb1

I think the fact we had lost 4 games on the bounce at home and got humiliated was the reason for the discussion on the Belfast thread. The majority on here to me obviously are passionate and care about our performance and it is good to see the differing opinions on here.

With respect at the end of the day nobody forces anybody to go on the inferno.

jenks33

Posts like this are laughable. If you go on any fans forum in any sport there will be more posts after a defeat than a victory. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but it’s fact. Get over it

Ocko

There is only so much you can say when you win. Great, well done team, coach etc etc. Winning and playing well doesn't generate debate. What can be discussed if all went to plan? And what is the point in just posting well done messages? It would soon become very boring on here if that's the way it went.

A forum isn't a congratulatory open book to slap the players on the back with a jolly well done. They shouldn't really read or care what's posted on here anyway. It's a way to debate the various points of the game. There wasn't much to debate about either game, Saturday was a very good game that we edged against a good team and Sunday was a good road win.

A 'so called' hockey fan should surely be able to contribute much more than just praise their team and slate fans for their opinions, Christopher. Which is all you have contributed, other than the odd post mocking opposition who dont even really read this forum.

Also Shift + @ generates the apostrophe.

hip check

Like many posters have already mentioned the Belfast defeat was an embarrassment, people felt the need to vent feelings and point out certain failings in a team that a month earlier we're playing sublime.
It's not surprising that so many people took to the inferno 8-1 is a hammering in even the most rose tinted people's eyes.

Slartibartfast

When we win many of us throw a few superlatives around but once they have all been used up it gets repetitive.
However when we lose everyone has differing opinions on why so there is much more to talk about.
It does get very negative at times but hopefully the club and players don't use it as the only indicator of customer satisfaction. The fact that we frequently sell out is a sign of a healthy club.
Part of the hockey experience is debating the game afterwards. In the olden days this was done in the bar. Now it's all online but the content is the same.

Kevlar68

When i managed Gretzky's there was always more debate in the bar after a loss than a win.
In a win its a positive so no real need for a discussion as mostly the play went right.
In a loss its a negative and you pick over the bones of why there was a loss so there is more to talk about.

BostonBart22

When we win many of us throw a few superlatives around but once they have all been used up it gets repetitive.
However when we lose everyone has differing opinions on why so there is much more to talk about.
It does get very negative at times but hopefully the club and players don't use it as the only indicator of customer satisfaction. The fact that we frequently sell out is a sign of a healthy club.
Part of the hockey experience is debating the game afterwards. In the olden days this was done in the bar. Now it's all online but the content is the same.
And to have a sellout after an 8...1 home defeat is a credit to our fanbase, dont think many clubs would get that support after that display..