Email with regards to tickets bought.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
OK, just read the email which is fine about choosing a game in next years fixture to replace the tickets bought for this season BUT to not offer a refund option isn't that good.

What if you were visiting from outside Cardiff during this seasons games and decided to take in a game like i did in Calgary which i bought in advance of going? What if you had booked it as a special night out for a occasion? What if next year you may no longer be in the UK? So for these such reasons and a few more surely there should be a refund option or did i miss that part?

I myself am happy to choose next season but some tickets may need a refund, what happens then?

Imp

If I didn't know that they're snowed under I'd be cheeky and ask for guaranteed Cup Final tickets by way of exchange. :D

kingmo19.1

OK, just read the email which is fine about choosing a game in next years fixture to replace the tickets bought for this season BUT to not offer a refund option isn't that good.

What if you were visiting from outside Cardiff during this seasons games and decided to take in a game like i did in Calgary which i bought in advance of going? What if you had booked it as a special night out for a occasion? What if next year you may no longer be in the UK? So for these such reasons and a few more surely there should be a refund option or did i miss that part?

I myself am happy to choose next season but some tickets may need a refund, what happens then?
Are you looking for a problem that doesn’t exist or is very unlikely to exist ? What’s more, I doubt anyone is really going to moan about losing the amount of money that our tickets amount to. They are not priced like Premier League Football Tickets.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #8
No, not looking for problems not at all but there should be that option. I own a business and if someone had paid up front for something with my business but i couldn't give them what they paid for i would give all options.

People can't assume its OK for everyone just to choose another game or lose the money no matter how much a ticket cost.
Peoples financial circumstances are different and with now people maybe being laid off or suspended with no pay a family who has paid over £60 for tickets for a game may be thankful for that refund.
They may even have purchased tickets for a couple of the last games so that would be even more money that could be useful to them.

Last edited:

T10P

Yes, I was very surprised of no refund option, surely it’s a given to offer this option as they have not provided you the service you have paid for.

I for one will be happy to rearrange, however I can see why others would not be.

Imp

Yes, I was very surprised of no refund option, surely it’s a given to offer this option as they have not provided you the service you have paid for.
I for one will be happy to rearrange, however I can see why others would not be.
Short term ... it delays the problem. There’s a reasonable chance the majority of fans will just accept the offer as it stands and they have 2+ months to get up to speed with the logistics of rebooking tickets.

If they explicitly offer a refund, they’re immediately faced with a deluge of enquiries. This way, they (hopefully) get a manageable number of requests from relatively few people that (for whatever reason) can’t simply accept it as it stands. I imagine a lot of away fans will have much less interest in an exchange deal. Given the block allocation system, they may even have received a different offer.

The less money they literally have to hand back, the better than can manage their finances. One way or another they have lost (at least) one months income. From a budget perspective would you choose for that to be this month, or prefer to be able to spread it over the whole of next season?

I’d have quite liked a refund, but it’s not like I won’t be buying match tickets at the start of next season, so this kinda works too... and is likely a lot better - perhaps even essential - for the club.