Elite Series

Imp

I won't be paying to watch these. If it has been on freesport I might have watched the final, but this is a lot of money to watch teams I either dislike or am "meh" about.
The streaming series is for the 24 round-robin games only. At a guess they are still hoping for Free/Premier Sports coverage of the 6-7 Semi and Final games.

£150 is more than an annual subscription for Premier Sports, so a decent take-up for the streaming series might influence their coverage of the EIHL as a whole.

Brendan Connolly has been released from his Swamp Rabbits contract, so looks like he'll be featuring for the Steelers in the series (if anyone cares).

Hasn't been in the Greenville line-up for a while, though. Not sure if he's been injured or perhaps not seen eye-to-eye with Lordo.

Looking at the prices I think I'll be one of those picking out a few individual games rather than buying a package. I'll probably buy the two opening day games and maybe another towards the end of the run.

Wannabe2

I am going for the 12 game package, I need my fix and I need it now £8 per game is good, 8 camera coverage should be pretty neat, it obviously would be better if the best team in the UK was in it but beggars can’t be choosers. My opening game will be surprise surprise Panthers v Steelers, or better known as Myers v Bowns let’s get it on.

pjj365

I am going for the 12 game package, I need my fix and I need it now £8 per game is good, 8 camera coverage should be pretty neat, it obviously would be better if the best team in the UK was in it but beggars can’t be choosers. My opening game will be surprise surprise Panthers v Steelers, or better known as Myers v Bowns let’s get it on.
so which team are you following for all their games - or do I not need to ask!

Wannabe2

I am not really following any team for all there games, as only one team matters to me and we ain’t playing, I want to watch different teams and try to vary it, even though that’s pretty impossible with only 4 teams in it. If you asked me who I would like to win the thing then it’s a no brainer it’s Manchester. Sheffield I would rather stick glass in my eyes, Nottingham no thank you too many reasons, Coventry to me I can still smell the Thommo odour, although in fairness I have a lot of respect for Stewart, liked him as a player and like him as a coach and person, and then Manchester my favourites and underdogs, pluses Finnerty ex Devil and very good coach, sister rink so many similarities and so want them to thrive it’s untrue, they have been through so much crap, a 16,000 superb facility to a 2,500 facility and still kicking it, it’s us all over again. The others have never had the trials and tribulations of Manchester, and I love a underdog so come on you Storm.

pjj365

I am not really following any team for all there games, as only one team matters to me and we ain’t playing, I want to watch different teams and try to vary it, even though that’s pretty impossible with only 4 teams in it. If you asked me who I would like to win the thing then it’s a no brainer it’s Manchester. Sheffield I would rather stick glass in my eyes, Nottingham no thank you too many reasons, Coventry to me I can still smell the Thommo odour, although in fairness I have a lot of respect for Stewart, liked him as a player and like him as a coach and person, and then Manchester my favourites and underdogs, pluses Finnerty ex Devil and very good coach, sister rink so many similarities and so want them to thrive it’s untrue, they have been through so much crap, a 16,000 superb facility to a 2,500 facility and still kicking it, it’s us all over again. The others have never had the trials and tribulations of Manchester, and I love a underdog so come on you Storm.
Agreed, though with a wife who's an original Storm can i could not support any other team.
Even so did not fancy watching all Storm games so bought Storm v Blaze and Storm v Panthers then see where we go

Wannabe2

I was at the game Storm v Devils in the Nynex, when 16,000 turned up to watch that game. 16,000 it was a untrue turnout truly stunning. With the Arches pub across the road stunning drinking place. Loved it.

pjj365

I was at the game Storm v Devils in the Nynex, when 16,000 turned up to watch that game. 16,000 it was a untrue turnout truly stunning. With the Arches pub across the road stunning drinking place. Loved it.
This is turning into a private conversation!
But my first UK hockey match was Storm v Devils mid week at Nynex in corporate hospitality. I remember the great Cardiff support and my host and I were the only ones in the corporate boxes singing the anthem - to the embarrassment of our colleagues!
I vowed to return the next season then they folded!!!!
I then had to wait till I moved to Cardiff for my next game - worth it though

Wannabe2

Worth it big time, great shame what happened at Manchester as it was a beautiful venue, in a great location. The play offs held there was superb, especially when we won the finals with a great story. Manchester had run away with the league title, the play offs were in Manchester, we were drawn against the huge favourites Manchester in the semi’s and the blue and white ribbons were ready to be placed on the cup. However you can never put a Devils team down, especially when a local lad from Dinas Powys wasn’t in the mood to lose, enter Mr Nicky Chinn who decided to score a hat trick that night\, and the Devils blew the storm away 5-0, unbelievable day and then over the Arches for half a shandy lol. So Panthers in the final, where our Capt Fantastic took over the mantle of hero scoring both goals, and we win the play off finals 2-1 over the Panthers. Another day at the office were the greatest club in the UK delivered yet again. Happy Hockey Days.

Wannabe2

Lousy decision that you can’t mix and match your games, I was going to buy the 12 game bundle, but I have to follow a team, yes there are only 4 teams, but as a neutral I wanted to watch the games I wanted to watch but that only works if you buy them all. Not great.

Wannabe2

In fairness the coverage is very good tv quality, good angles, good commentary,very good replays and very good quality. Nothing to worry about quality wise.

pjj365

In fairness the coverage is very good tv quality, good angles, good commentary,very good replays and very good quality. Nothing to worry about quality wise.
Not watched yet but I thought the commentators were being provided by the home team so last nights would have been that rare bird commentator nottinghamus - if I'm right

Wannabe2

Can’t argue with that, and it’s free, but yes the NHL is the best in the world but I want to watch UK hockey, I want to see players who may be or can be household names. Don’t get me wrong the NHL as we all know is the business, but it don’t relate to me like Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester , Coventry, and Uncle Tom cobbly and all.

Wannabe2

It’s the pre series game highlights, it’s to show the standard of the product to let you decide if it’s for you. It’s the first,and it’s the last you will get for free, these highlights weren’t just on YouTube they are the sales pitch for the product, without subscribing they end here.

BostonBart22

It’s the pre series game highlights, it’s to show the standard of the product to let you decide if it’s for you. It’s the first,and it’s the last you will get for free, these highlights weren’t just on YouTube they are the sales pitch for the product, without subscribing they end here.
Yes seen highlights on eihl website, typical non contact exhibition game, good interviews in between periods which one included sam duggan of the blaze.