Elite Series

Pondlife

How is Liam Kirk on squealers protected list?

Criteria:
Played for team in 19/20
OR Lined-up to play for team in 20/21
OR Signed to team for 21/22

CaldicotDevil

How is Liam Kirk on squealers protected list?

Criteria:
Played for team in 19/20
OR Lined-up to play for team in 20/21
OR Signed to team for 21/22
The NHL training camps are later next season. So Kirk decided to sign for Sheffield in 21/22 season to get some game time before camps. However if he gets any decent offers from any NA training camp he's got a break clause in his contract to leave.

Its a pretty flakey contract but its still smart recruiting by Fox.

Pretty happy we’ve got a 5 week loan on Myers ngl, player I’ve always admired.

A 4th line with the Welsh connection of Myers & Phillips + Hewitt could be mental!

Hockeymad

I find it a farce.
For myers to be with us all those years then say he's excited to get going in Sheffield is a joke imo.

I know players change but this is a ridicolous tournament imo

Earnie

I see where you are coming from Hockeymad . I console myself in thinking this is the only way the Brits are going to get meaningful ice time prior to the International Championships.

Wannabe2

I find it a farce.
For myers to be with us all those years then say he's excited to get going in Sheffield is a joke imo.

If the lads are getting ice time and helping with their GB fitness, and getting a wage which everyone needs why is it all a joke, it’s a filler until the real stuff returns. Think it’s a good thing rather than nothing myself, and will watch the webcasts.Stay Safe All.

ASHIPP

I find it a farce.

I guess most of the players are going to be excited wherever they go.... because they are playing hockey and preparing for Team GB selection. Don't you think if the Cardiff Devils were in this tournament, those players would be playing for the Team they are actually contracted to?

Its not an Elite League tournament.... its 4 weeks of Team GB prep. Look at it that way.

Kevlar68

I'm just confused with the draft all together but good luck to all the players, glad they're making a quick buck, getting ice time and hopefully lead to a full season sometime soon BUT i'm not interested in it.
Can't get excited about hockey teams i would at any other time have no interest in watching.

Wannabe2

Be very interested to see who import wise comes over as it’s only a 5 week gig, probably guys who were hoping to return to these teams anyway. Also wondering what the webcasts price will be, let’s get it on I say.

BostonBart22

I find it a farce.

Its the same as footballers, robbie keane left spurs if i remember and went to liverpool, he was over the moon to play for his favourite club, then onto celtic and said excactly the same thing...dont forget Myers and Batch got testimonials pending , so they will be back at Cardiff if asked..

Kevlar68

I find it a farce.

Bit of a silly comment if i'm being honest.
You can't go to a team and say "I hate Sheffield but just glad to be playing" that's just career suicide, not one player ever in the history of any team sport has ever said on a transfer "i hate this team".
Get real!

Kevlar68

But at this point in time are any under contract? I would say not. I would think that they are free agents and they have a clause in place that WHEN a full season starts they will have their contract reinstated with their regular teams.

We’ll have him for five weeks, then GB, then back to Devils under Skalde.

He’s a winner pure & simple, he knows how to win hockey games and has won more trophies than anyone else in the EIHL era. He lives for winning ice hockey games.

He’s probably just happy to be getting a wage & working himself back to full fitness.

Wannabe2

We’ll have him for five weeks, then GB, then back to Devils under Skalde.

He’s a winner pure & simple, he knows how to win hockey games and has won more trophies than anyone else in the EIHL era. He lives for winning ice hockey games.

He’s probably just happy to be getting a wage & working himself back to full fitness.
Spot on Paul, and there’s no problem with that, why would there be. Let’s just watch some hockey, forget the political crap let the lads play get fit and earn a few Bob. It’s all about benefitting GB not anything else.

Ocko

Just makes our league look silly.
Players join any team as long as they get paid.
Well, yeah. What do you expect? Sit at home and miss out on playing for GB against the worlds best players because fans go wild over a rivalry the players only really care about whilst they’re on the ice?

It makes the league look silly that players go where they get paid?!.... Who knew? Professional sportsmen go where the money is, that’ll never catch on.

Seeing as you mention Myers; you must’ve forgotten that he spent years at Nottingham. A few of them because he was in uni there but most of them because they paid him more than we could offer and had a better chance of success.