Elite Series

Kevlar68

To be honest at this point and time if the CHL spot went to winner of this tin pot league then good luck to them as it's one extra cost that's not needed is the way I see it with traveling around Europe for games.
Get a team, get a season with paying fans under our belt then look to other competitions.

Wannabe2

If we can get a domestic season going this year, then who gives a Jack poo to anything else. We need to learn to walk before we try to run. Stay safe all.

BostonBart22

Lets face it , its just a workout for brits involved with GB...with one or 2 retired imports being invited to play. Dont think Todd be intrested in this event if we were asked, on that subject were we invited ?

pjj365

Lets face it , its just a workout for brits involved with GB...with one or 2 retired imports being invited to play. Dont think Todd be intrested in this event if we were asked, on that subject were we invited ?
Probably not as it's likely to be Sports England funding

Kevlar68

Surprised at the negativity in this thread - it’s a positive step forward for the game we all love. I’m hoping it’s a good tournament and sets us up for a 2021-2022 season.
Is it a positive step? It's not helping the rest of the EIHL teams.
It's more like "I'm alright Jack".
The only way a league should be is all in or all out.

Wannabe2

Surprised at the negativity in this thread - it’s a positive step forward for the game we all love. I’m hoping it’s a good tournament and sets us up for a 2021-2022 season.
I totally agree, I think it’s a positive move and I would buy the webcast, it will help the GB lads big time, give others ice time, and bring the sport back from the darkness. Surely it can only be a good move, and is surely better than nothing.

Kevlar68

Nice to see hockey back yes, but bit of a joke in how it's coming back with less than half the elite league and the top 2 teams not available.
It's like the premiership saying we're having a premier league but with only burnley, fulham, west brom, Sheff utd and Brighton.

Elite meaning -

a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group

:D:D:p

Last edited:

Earnie

I am interested to see how it pans out and at what level of quality and what difficulties will they encounter along the way. I wish them well.
Personally I am glad we are not involved.

Wannabe2

Nice to see hockey back yes, but bit of a joke in how it's coming back with less than half the elite league and the top 2 teams not available.
It's like the premiership saying we're having a premier league but with only burnley, fulham, west brom, Sheff utd and Brighton.

Elite meaning -

a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group

:D:D:p
It’s all about English funding obviously, but your naming the bottom 5 in football, Steelers, Panthers, Blaze are hardly bottom clubs

Wagstaff

Great news that some sort of UK hockey will be played again, albeit without supporters.
It will be interesting to see how the rosters look, will guys like Josh Batch appear in one of the teams, will there be a reduction in the number of imports to twist the arms of the four involve to ice players from non competing teams?

Kevlar68

It’s all about English funding obviously, but your naming the bottom 5 in football, Steelers, Panthers, Blaze are hardly bottom clubs
It's an example not a like for like. OK elite series without top 2 teams, premier league without man utd, man city, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, arsenal I'll put it that way instead.

Eynonz

Great news to keep GB players active. Don't really care that Cardiff isn't involved as it won't actually be a proper Cardiff team anyways.

Some of these guys may be against NHL'ers in the upcoming World Championships, so we needed to do something to make us look slightly less shit.