Elite League Suspends:

James

Administrator
Nothing extra for Chubbs' slash ? that looked a lot worse than the one Voth got 6 games for. Ah well they can't overly penalise Cov players I guess. Thommo wouldn't like it.

If anyone hasn't seen Cruikshank's slash go and look it, almost identical to Voth's, if not worse! It's shocking that Sawyer got 2 matches for a punch and that slash got away with less. But I guess if we don't laugh we'll only end up crying! :)

dave

Thread starter #4
The slash was only given a 5 and Game so no automatic review. Not 100% sure what the "citing" process is.

Looking at it I think it should have been given as a match on the night.

Just realised I read it wrong. It was Chambers who did the slash not Cruikshank, so he got away with it. I thought Voth's at the time was only given a game penalty too, but I can't really remember.

Merthyr Devil said:
Just realised I read it wrong. It was Chambers who did the slash not Cruikshank, so he got away with it. I thought Voth's at the time was only given a game penalty too, but I can't really remember.
As someone has already said he only got game so I believe it is up to the other team to ask for the penalty to be looked at..maybe Danny did not want to risk getting Forsback possibly banned as well for his slashes to Chambers....does not make what happened right, but that could be a reason why nothing has been done.

Finny

Can't remember doing anything worthy of 5 games..... yet

Might have to have a couple of choice words with Mr Thompson on Saturday complaining how he runs the EIHL disciplinary board.

For those who haven't seen the Chambers slash, it can be found here:
http://www.itv.com/central-west/coventry-blaze---vipers66157/

Very, very similar to the Voth slash on Dagenais which was initially given as a 12 match ban before being reduced to 6 on appeal.

Gaz G

First time i've seen it and that is far worse than Vothers slash in my opinion.

Just go's to show what a joke our league actually is. I could live with it being rubbish if at least it was consistent with it's rubbishness.

Perhaps another example of who actually runs the league.

I found it was dead but clicked off and clicked on again and it worked... Nasty slash I think its worth a good few games the intent to injure is definatly there.

odd, appears to be working alright now. Very nasty slash and a very dumb penalty to take right in front of the reff. Definitely should be given the 6 games Voth was given as is much worse IMO.

E.D.S.

I'm still waiting to hear what Campbell gets. For me this is the very last opportunity that the league has to show some control and lay some boundaries. IF Campbell did bite an official then he should be looking at some serious time away from hockey. The league has to show that they will protect their officials (regardless of their level of competence). Abuse of an official should carry a serious ban, especially something on this scale.
What really gets me is that if Brad had done it, not only would Simms be screaming about it and pointing it out in every medial outlet he has at his disposal but the league would be paying for Brad's flight back to Canada and he would never to be seen again. Where's the consistency?
How long does it really take to confirm if an official was bitten and then to allocate the necessary ban? Just hurry up and do it!

A

Anonymous

How do sawyer get 2 match ban for suckerpunch? Chambers gets nothing for that 2 handed slash?